Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

DVD player turns on when i turn on my Q90R TV

(Topic created on: 11-01-2021 11:18 PM)
MauriceW1965
Apprentice
Options

Can anyone tell me how to stop my 4K player from turning on every time i switch on my TV. If i continually turn the player off it eventually doesn't turn on but reverts back to annoying mode when I use it again. I have a Q90R tv and a Panasonic 4k player

9 REPLIES 9
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
how many remote controls do you have ?? or do you turn on your TV manually??
0 Likes
MauriceW1965
Apprentice
Options

Hi Pete I have the silver Samsung remote and the black Samsung that come with the TV and also the remote for the Panasonic 

0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
I was going to suggest that your TV remote might be turning on your dvd player or at least work on the same frequency
0 Likes
MauriceW1965
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately that’s not the answer although I’d like it to be that simple

0 Likes
Solution
PaulyWauly36
Pathfinder
Options
dont connect dvd to hdmi2!
MauriceW1965
Apprentice
Options

Thanks that worked perfectly, not too sure why at the moment but I'll look into it later. I've connected the PS4 to HDMI2 and the Blu-ray to HDSMI4 just a swap over.

0 Likes
PaulyWauly36
Pathfinder
Options
HDMI 2 on all tv's is a multi connection for any dvd type box, normaly in the menu its hdmi-cec set up, u can switch it off i think
0 Likes
JH13530
First Poster
Options

That does not work. I use HDMI 1 and my Panasonic DMP BD60 and it turns on with the Samsung

Q6F.

0 Likes
JH13530
First Poster
Options

Yes that is how my Panasonic turns on. You can check this by getting about 4 inch wide sheet of tin foil. Fold it in half and hang over the front of your DVD PLAYER WERE THE DISC READ OUT LITES UP.

0 Likes