Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

DTV Terrestrial no longer working on UE50TU8000

(Topic created on: 03-02-2022 02:22 PM)
Hugo67SW
Journeyman
Options

Hi all,

I have a Samsung UE50TU8000 TV with which I've been watching freeview TV through a coaxial cable plugged in the back. I've started experiencing issues recently while doing so.

I indeed get the following error message: "No Signal (1) Check that the cable is plugged in and the settings of the source device are correct. (2) Or, press the SOURCE button below to select a connected source."

I have checked that my aerial cable is indeed plugged in (which it is, albeit somewhat loose). When I unplug it from the back of my TV, I actually get a different error message which reads "Check the aerial cable connection." This makes me think it might not be linked to the cable?

I have tried tuning the channels again but don't find any channels when going through the stops in Settings > Broadcasting > Auto tuning.

Any ideas what this might be?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Did your aerial get damaged in the storms this weekend? Check if you can do so safely from the ground. Look at the state of the wire that goes to it too. Even if the aerial appears to be okay it may have been blown out of the right direction or angle to get a signal. There's also the possibility of course that your local Freeview transmitter is down for maintenance or received damage too. I'll post a link for checking the transmitter state shortly, it's been a while since I used Freeview so hopefully that site still exists...
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
There's loads out, if you don't know which is your one use the postcode checker - https://www.freeview.co.uk/corporate/platform-management/planned-engineering-works
0 Likes
Hugo67SW
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the quick reply! Seems to be something else as there are no engineering works or outages in my area (used the postcode checker).

Any other ideas?

0 Likes
Hugo67SW
Journeyman
Options

I've also fitted a new male coax to the plug as the old one was somewhat loose...

0 Likes
Hugo67SW
Journeyman
Options

Not sure if it helps, but the "signal information" section in "Device Care" section is greyed out.

I've also tried auto tuning the channels with a paper clip as an antenna which did not work (no channel found) - that makes me think the issue is linked to the TV rather than the antenna / wiring

0 Likes
Solution
Hugo67SW
Journeyman
Options

So turns out my aerial was dead. Not sure how it just stopped working that suddenly but that's what it is.

I have migrated to using my dish and freesat (had to buy a freesat box).

0 Likes