Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTS & Xvid audio support must be reinstated

(Topic created on: 04-11-2020 03:50 PM)
Diddy1
First Poster
Options

Ladies, gentlemen, after reading the comments and browsing various sites came to the conclusion that we must do some kind of a petition in order Samsung to reinstate tge audio support. Have a high end 2019 tv and one small 43 inch qled and on both when i try to play my mkv files = no audio support. Do not intend to buy xbox/playstation or whatever io to be able to play mkv with sound. Prev tv set panasonic fm 2013 supports that. Samsung has to deliver to the vast majority of dissatisfied clients if they want to stay at top spot. Who supports that?

16 REPLIES 16
jcmk
Journeyman
Options

I totally support this. Bought a high end TV Q9FN in 2018 and it doesn't even support DTS. The worst thing is that I don't even need it to support DTS, just DTS passthrough to my AV receiver but they voluntarily blocked that. Ridiculous.

lekas
First Poster
Options

This could be an option for purchase via market.

This is mostly license for Dolby, not a HW issue.

Indoclone
Student
Options

Yes, this is the reason my next TV won't be a Samsung if they keep doing this. Just ridiculous a new Samsung tv have less features than my old Samsung TV. My new TV wont play half of my digital library. 

Alexotsios
First Poster
Options

That's the reason my next TV won't be Samsung... Half my library is Xvid or DivX so I have to re-encode them? No thanks. We are learning from our mistakes guys... LG or Sony next time.

I run 2 repair shops (phones,laptops,gaming consoles, TVs) and obviously i'll tell all my TV customers to be careful of that.

If Samsung things thats ok let them think about it...

Sam_Peters
Student
Options

I can't believe that even in 2020, the latest Samsung QLED TVs don't have neither DTS nor Dolby Vision support. I bought a QLED a couple of months ago, but only because I couldn't afford an LG OLED, and I'm really worked up about the fact that half of the stuff in my hard drive won't play on my TV because they are DTS-mastered. It is SO EMBARRASSING to see the "audio in this file is not supported" message in a high-end TV manufactured in 2020 while a cheap LED/LCD LG TV manufactured in 2017 supports DTS passthrough. It's just irritating. I hope I get the money to buy an OLED TV soon, I will drive a fist through my QLED and then give it away to the appliance repairman for free. 

QLED_Q95T
Apprentice
Options

I bought a Samsung QLED Q95T 55 Inch on 11-Oct-2020 and was thinking it was the best tv and best decision of my life. But now I think I have made the biggest mistake of my life as it doesn't support the DTS sound.

Surely, I'll go for sony in the future in case Samsung doesn't fix it soon.

0 Likes
Fisheer
Journeyman
Options

The Funny part is that they support DTS: X via all of the Q series Soundbars. That's ridiculous.

0 Likes
Ian27
First Poster
Options

I'm totally gobsmacked by this.  Got rid of my Sony OLED which played every format of video/audio you can imagine to purchase the Samsung Q90T 55 inch only to find it cant play most of my library which is in DTS/DTS MA.  What a mistake.  If Samsung can rectify this via software update they need to do so as matter of urgency!  I buy a high end TV every 3 years but this will be the last Samsung if nothing is done.

0 Likes
Indoclone
Student
Options

I finally bite the bullet, sold my Samsung for LG CX 9, what a great a decision it was. Although to be fair LG CX-X also don't support DTS. What the hell are all these manufacturer's thinking??

0 Likes