Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolby Digital Plus with RU7100 and HT-J4500

(Topic created on: 27-12-2019 12:30 AM)
pilotguy251
First Poster
Options

Hello, I was trying to get DD+ working between the RU7100 UHD TV and the HTS-J4500 5.1 system. Reading through a couple other posts I saw that Plus is not supported through HDMI ARC because of data transfer limits in the system. Is that the case here? Both devices are supposedly rated for Dolby Digital Plus and they are connected via HDMI ARC. However, each time I select Dolby Digital Plus on the TV I get a notification stating, "The Dolby Digital+ option is only available via ARC (HDMI) for external devices that support the format." and sound stops. Setting regular Dolby Digital returns the sound and everything as normal. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Mauricoquito
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem. Just got this TV. the DD+ option is always greyed out but it activates once i use the built in apps. My Onkyo receiver detects the DD+ signal from the TV but no audio at all. Happens with Netflix, Vudu and Disney+.

Seen many threads on different forums involving different equipment and brands with this same problem and no actual fix for it.

0 Likes
pilotguy251
First Poster
Options

Same on this end regarding the other forums. I really wish I had done my research before purchasing. Upgraded from a 32" UNM5300 which had DTS capabilities. DD isn't bad, but I liked the DTS sound in certain cases. I was really hoping that I could utilize DD+ to see how it compared, but it doesn't seem as if I will be able to. 

0 Likes
Mauricoquito
First Poster
Options

I'm giving up as well. Tried many things over the weeked without success. I guess i'll be upgrading my AV receiver.

I did try Netflix through my 4k UHD bluray player so the receiver gets the DD+ and i was able to hear the difference, it was better than watching the episode with regular DD.

0 Likes
Rtezai
First Poster
Options

When I signed up for HBOMax I could not get audio. Researching alerted me to changing audio setting to DD+. It worked. 

last week we learned about smartview share devices to same Samsung 70" and have watched several things as recently as last night. Watched DC universe this way. 

tonight streaming same show and no audio.  Go to HBOMax no Audio. Go to audio settings and DD+ is now grayed and cannot be accessed form same above messages. Was there an update that canceled out this option for me?

0 Likes
Tyronehirt
First Poster
Options

Has anyone managed to solve it? I have this exact problem on the Ru7100 with the F5525wk... every time I turn on the DD+ sound to... if I go back to the DD works normally. I don't know what else to do, I've tried a lot of things and with various devices. The Home Theater is connected to the TV by HDMI Arc, so it should work since the 2 are compatible. It's great that Samsung is very helpful, only give automatic answers ... 

0 Likes