Hello Samsung Community,
I have a SAMSUNG UE55MU7005TXXC and a LG SJ9 (supporting DD+ and ATMOS and connected throught HDMI ARC).
My problem is related with Dolby Digital Plus, let me explain it on detail:
- I select an emision with Dolby Digital Plus (Netflix or similar)
- I configure DD+ on Audio Menu and everything is OK now.
Problem start when I jump to another emission not supporting DD+:
- My TV changes to PCM Audio (I consider that it should jump to DD, if available, because is better quality and was the main preference on the system before DD+)
- When I go back to a DD+ emission then PCM is maintainted, not changing again to DD+ as was configured before, so I need to go to Audio Menu to configure DD+ again.
This erratic behaivour makes DD+ very unpleasant to use.
One possible firmware fix/solution is to change the Audio Menu from Current Selection:
- DTS HD
- DTS NEO 2.5
- DOLBY/BITSTREAM (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos)
- DTS (HD, 2.5)
So if I select Dolby, the TV will choose automatically the best option available (DD or DD+) if emission and soundbar supports it.
You can only change back to Dolby if the source you are currently watching has it. Otherwise you can switch from PCM to Neo *****...
The 8000 tvs won’t get that Samsung told me just QLED ONLY will get that update well someday they say.