Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolby Atmos on Disney Plus

(Topic created on: 07-07-2020 08:12 AM)
prawnmadras
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I don't get Atmos support (the icon doesn't even appear in the film preview screen, all you get is 5.1) on any of the content on internal Disney+ app running on my QE49Q70R.

I know they've reopened Atmos because the same movies on the Disney+ app running on my Nvidia shield 2019 has the Atmos logo.

Does anyone else have this problem with the Disney+ app on their Samsung?  I've deleted and reinstalled the app already. Currently running Tizen 1356

95 REPLIES 95
90nen
First Poster
Options

The joy was short from "yes Disney+ suppirts atmos" to "great Samsung does not forward the atmos stream to amplifier" 

JHru
Apprentice
Options

Hi there,

I am in the UK,  also using Sonos arc and trying to get Dolby Atmos (DD+) through a Roku Streaming Stick plus.  However,  only ever get 5.1 despite getting 4k UHD HDR etc.  Also, do get Atmos on Prime on the Roku  - just not Disney plus. 

Did you do anything special to get Atmos on Disney + on your Roku ? 

Many thanks. 

0 Likes
perohero
First Poster
Options

Hi,

So I just got a soundbar that supports D-atmos and also only recieve DD+ 5.1 sound from the Disney+ app through Tizen. 

0 Likes
prawnmadras
Journeyman
Options

I installed Disney+ through Roku US using a VPN and I get DD+.

This article may also help to better understand how this all works https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/dolby-atmos-sound/

UdoK
Apprentice
Options

Samsung disney+ app doesn't support dolby atmos!

I tested my amazon firestick and it works with my Sonos arc thru my Samsung q70

So only way to get dolby atmos on your Samsung is with firestick 

0 Likes
UdoK
Apprentice
Options

Have the same issue but use my amazon 4k firestick to enjoy atmos with sonos arc.

JHru
Apprentice
Options

Are you based in the UK ?. 

I am trying to decide whether I get an ATV4k or other  streaming device. I have a Roku Streaming stick plus  but that does not give me Atmos either for Disney plus . 

JHru
Apprentice
Options

Hi @UdoK  - are you able to get Atmos with Disney Plus using your 4k Firestick ? Are you UK based ?.

UdoK
Apprentice
Options

I live in Sweden and I can recommend amazon 4k firetv as it give you dolby atmos for your Samsung tv and if you use a vpn you could get all disney features. Easy to install on firetv 

GELHammer
First Poster
Options

Not sure why Samsung cannot push the Disney Plus app developers to ensure that Dolby Atmos can be supported within the app, as they do on other platforms. I'm now using the Disney Plus app on the XBox One S  - connected to my Samsung Q95T tv - to get Dolby Atmos audio streaming to my Samsung HW-Q90R soundbar. It's of course a pain to always switch back and forth between the tv and the XBox. The built-in Netflix an Amazon Prime apps on the Samsung tv do support Dolby Atmos out of the box.

Come one Samsung and Disney, you can do it!