Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolby Atmos on Disney Plus

(Topic created on: 14-05-2021 11:13 AM)
prawnmadras
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I don't get Atmos support (the icon doesn't even appear in the film preview screen, all you get is 5.1) on any of the content on internal Disney+ app running on my QE49Q70R.

I know they've reopened Atmos because the same movies on the Disney+ app running on my Nvidia shield 2019 has the Atmos logo.

Does anyone else have this problem with the Disney+ app on their Samsung?  I've deleted and reinstalled the app already. Currently running Tizen 1356

95 REPLIES 95
jonnylongdog
First Poster
Options

If you are using an AVR system bite the bullet and get yourself a 4k firestick and plug it directly into one of the AVR's spare HDMI ports, Disney plus Atmos works a treat  now on my Denon AVR system. It is a work around that we shouldn't  have to do, sky Q Dolby Atmos no issues netflix no issues prime no issues just Disney plus. but this does work and if like me you got Disney plus because of it's Dolby Atmos content it's worth the outlay     

0 Likes
NeildSb
First Poster
Options

i can also help, ATMOS works on an xbox series x with HW-Q950A & QN95A, Plex has the same issue, basically you pass-through the signal to the capable sound bar. 

0 Likes
DJ1220
First Poster
Options

I have a QN95A and Q900T and now get atmos with Disney+ app version 1.71.

Not seen a change log or anything, so fingers crossed it works for everyone with an Atmos Soundbar.

0 Likes
MortenAG
Apprentice
Options

Do you have an example of content with atmos on disney+ so I can check?

0 Likes
DJ1220
First Poster
Options
Marvel what if is what I watched, but checked star wars a new hope as that's on my 'watch when atmos works' list and that also had it. Pretty sure all the marvel movies will have it too.

Also in app I am version 1.8.0, the Samsung store says 1.7.1 though
0 Likes
ChrisFives
Journeyman
Options

Lucky you! For me it still shows 5.1 and the app is up to date 😞

What a mess...

0 Likes
MortenAG
Apprentice
Options

No Atmos here either. App says version 1.8. Get atmos on both netflix and the Samsung apple tv app. 

0 Likes
Krashing
Navigator
Options

Have atoms on qn95a on Amazon Netflix and Disney but not on Apple TV app

on q60t I have it only on Netflix and Amazon and not on Disney and apple

0 Likes
MarioL3
Explorer
Options

Apple TV app with Samsung TV not appear the logo, but in your soundbar appear automatic the logo DOLBY ATMOS, the problem is that in DD+ always appear 5.1 and of course when you ask in your soundbar info about the sound says only “ Dolby audio” 

So, Apple TV app not important appear the logo, always work Dolby atmos on several languages, but DISNEY ?

i have too soundbars LG y Samsung Q900A in both cases, I can not receive Dolby atmos with Disney plus, Star* and HBO max+
only with 

Apple TV+ and movies on iTunes 

nextflix and Amazon 

0 Likes
MGOUDAPP
Voyager
Options

Issue has been resolved. Disney content with atmos is pushed through tizen as from now.

0 Likes