Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolby Atmos on Disney Plus

(Topic created on: 07-07-2020 08:51 PM)
prawnmadras
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I don't get Atmos support (the icon doesn't even appear in the film preview screen, all you get is 5.1) on any of the content on internal Disney+ app running on my QE49Q70R.

I know they've reopened Atmos because the same movies on the Disney+ app running on my Nvidia shield 2019 has the Atmos logo.

Does anyone else have this problem with the Disney+ app on their Samsung?  I've deleted and reinstalled the app already. Currently running Tizen 1356

95 REPLIES 95
Weegro
Explorer
Options

Hi. I also have this problem on a QE65Q85R

prawnmadras
Journeyman
Options

This ticket can be closed now. I've learnt from Disney support that Dolby Atmos is not supported on Disney+ for Samsung TVs.  The list of supported devices are:

Screenshot 2020-07-07 at 15.55.14.png

0 Likes
ChrisFives
Journeyman
Options

It's probably because Samsung TV doesnt have Atmos support in their speakers.

What about if the soundbar is plugged in? I have Atmos on Netlfix but still 5.1 only on Disney plus... any clues?

prawnmadras
Journeyman
Options

I forgot to say that I'm not using the Samsung speakers, I'm using a Sonos Arc.

In any case, its unlikely to be the TV given

1.  I get ATMOS on Disney+ running on my Nvidia Shield

2. I get ATMOS on Disney+ running on my Roku

I just don't get ATMOS on the Disney+ app running from the Samsung TV.  So it's as the person on the chat said, no support for ATMOS on Samsung TVs for the Disney+ app.

0 Likes
ChrisFives
Journeyman
Options

But what about if samsung soundbar with Atmos is plugged in? It works on Netflix... but not on D+...

0 Likes
prawnmadras
Journeyman
Options

@ChrisFives wrote:

But what about if samsung soundbar with Atmos is plugged in? It works on Netflix... but not on D+...

Not sure if it'll make a diff. 

0 Likes
ChrisFives
Journeyman
Options

That's weird... I mean if there is Atmos capability it should default to this format 😕

Lyness
Apprentice
Options

Omg same. I just got the Sonos Arc and the only thing that works is Netflix. Disney plus and prime video aren't working in my Samsung tv. So I guess it doesn't support it. I have a Samsung frame 2019 and bought an Apple TV 4K and it's not working either. Even the Netflix app on Apple tv doesn't have atmos there. What a disappointment.

Lyness
Apprentice
Options
Which tv do you have? I bought an Apple TV and none of them work there.
Netflix works for me through the tv app, I was thinking of getting Roku for Disney plus but I can't help to think that if it doesn't work on Apple TV it won't work on that either for me
0 Likes