Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolby atmos help please

(Topic created on: 19-06-2020 03:42 PM)
Ozzie7
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

im really baffled to how I can get Dolby atmos output setup. I've researched and setup how I think I should to put DA on Netflix and prime apps native to my Samsung tv but only getting 5.1

My TV: Samsung ue55ru8000 

Sound system: Samsung HW-Q90R Harlan Kardon 

Using brand new cable: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07YFF7KSG?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

cable is connected from HDMI ARC from soundbar to HDMI ARC in TV.

TV expert settings show 'Dolby atmos compatibility' option marked on.

netflix account is 4K HDR enabled and I can see that content. Have tried bright, etc Dolby atmos enabled content and have tried jack Ryan etc on prime app.

im at a loss what to do next or I just don't have the setup due to the TV?

any help much appreciated. Thanks.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Ozzie7
First Poster
Options
Anyone? Still not able to get this working. Been told by Samsung support on phone I need to do a firmware update to soundbar but can’t do it via app or usb stick! Becoming a nightmare this
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Ozzie7 ,

did you download the new version from our page? If so, did you place this on the root directory of a blank USB? 

0 Likes
Lat0r
Student
Options

Same situation here, Q60T Qled and HW-Q600A e-arc.    it's not an issue with the setup, it's a software issue with Samsung's Tizen.   only they can fix it for you, other posts in this matter has 600+ replies, it would be time for Samsung to do something about it

0 Likes