Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Does this model have Built-in Freeview via tuner? Or what? I'm confused.

(Topic created on: 15-10-2020 08:21 PM)
JockoDelRocko
Student
Options

Hi there.

I'm looking to add another smaller Samsung TV to the house but want it to have built-in Freeview available via the tuner like the larger one we have which we got in 2014. In these crazy times, I dunno if the cost of an internet connection is sustainable indefinitely. Therefore, falling back on Freeview (which is free) is a must.

For price, I was thinking of this model: SAMSUNG UE32T5300AKXXU 32" Smart Full HD HDR LED TV

Sometimes shortened to: SAMSUNG UE32T5300 32" Smart Full HD TV

I found two outlets listing this TV as having 'Freeview HD Digital Tuner' in the Specifications - which is what I should be looking for right? However, some others state that it has 'TV Plus' in the 'Tuner' part of the Specifications.

Are there two slightly different versions of this TV (in terms of Tuner) or do some of the online shops have it wrong? What does it have?

One UK stockist had 143 reviews and not one said they they were disappointed it didn't have Freeview to tune to? I've read that Samsungs stopped coming with built-in Freeview since 2015/2016. Is this right?

Thanks in Advance

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@JockoDelRocko  Samsung Tv's still come with freeview, you can see specifications from ths store https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7518478 

Tv Plus is an Internet service https://www.sammobile.com/news/whats-new-samsung-tv-plus-video-streaming-service/ 

Streaming though will continue to grow in popularity. Know times are uncertain  but there are some more  basic internet services out there.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

JockoDelRocko
Student
Options

Thanks for that James.

Argos was one of the sources I seen this TV listed with Freeview. However, Curry's list it as having TV Plus instead. This must be where the confusion lies. If TV Plus is an 'Internet Service' then it shouldn't really be listed in the Tuner section of the specs.

Thanks again.

Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes indeed,  the set Definitely has both.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

londongal
First Poster
Options
I have just bought this tv and i cannot see where or how to get Freeview channels, only Samsung Plus tv and thats full of rubbish. I can view most things I watch via streaming apps as long as my Internet doesn't drop!
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@londongal: With an aerial connected to the TV, please try heading to Home > Settings > Broadcasting > Auto Tuning, and following the on-screen prompts, to see if you're able to tune the relevant Freeview channels in this manner. 

0 Likes