Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Q80T (or any 2020 model) support LPCM from PC through eARC? Stereo is the only option on my Windows 10 PC.

(Topic created on: 18-01-2021 09:54 PM)
8bit
Explorer
Options

My signal chain is PC to TV, then eARC to Denon 3600H (supports eARC). I would think this should work to get LPCM to the receiver but my PC just has stereo as an option in the sound settings. If I plug straight into the receiver I get the option of 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound, but I need to plug into the TV  first for Freesync. My current solution is to run 2 separate connections from my PC, one to the TV for video and one to the receiver for audio. It works just fine, but I feel like I should be able to get the uncompressed audio via eARC through the TV.

Has anyone had any success with this or am I stuck with a phantom monitor for audio?

8 REPLIES 8
Elpose
First Poster
Options

Any fix for this? I have the same exact problem

0 Likes
8bit
Explorer
Options

I haven't found one yet. I tried changing the EDID of the TV but unfortunately wasn't able to trick it into passing the LPCM through.

0 Likes
Suriya
Voyager
Options

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/q95t-audio-passthrough-is-broken/m-p/1979574#M47425

Same problem here with PS4PRO. eARC is suppose to passthrough high bandwidth audio like dolby atmos ect. But it doesn't passthrough LPCM without processing it. 

0 Likes
surew1n
Student
Options

Try downloading the Dolby Access app from the Windows store. Select the Home Theatre option and see the option for Atmos surround sound appears in your sound settings now.

0 Likes
8bit
Explorer
Options

Unfortunately that didn't work. Were you able to get it to work with this method?

0 Likes
Jascmu
First Poster
Options

Doulby atmos works with no problems, but cannot get 5.1 or 7.1 to work, or even able to select them. This is nonsense!!! Someone please fix!!!!!

0 Likes
mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

Lpcm passthrough is broken and Samsung is not recognizing this since at least one year or more. It's affecting 2019-2020-2021 models.

0 Likes
MMyky
Pioneer
Options

Read my post pages 3 and 4. In fi land they admit the mistake. Take backups from the pages. Hurry! And make reclamation:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/lpcm-support-qled-2020/m-p/4560560/emcs_t/S2h8ZW1haWx8dG9waWN...

0 Likes