Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Q80R, Q85R and Q90R have 120hz refesh rateand VRR?

(Topic created on: 14-08-2020 09:17 AM)
Bradders474
First Poster
Options

I'm trying to find a TV for the release of the new consoles at the end of the year. I've figured out that i will need 120hz refresh rate and Variable refresh rate (VRR). I have narrowed it down to 3 models:

Q90R

Q85R

Q80R

I have read the Rtings.com reviews and they claim that the Q90R and Q80R have both these features. Before someone says they have freesync, this is not the same as VRR. Plus i can't garuntee that PS5 will have itr as Sony is yet to confirm.

I'm after current owners who own one of the TVs above to help clear this up for me.

Many thanks in advance

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
FelipeDEV
First Poster
Options

They do but only via One Conect on HDMI 4 port.

0 Likes
FelipeDEV
First Poster
Options

Keep in mind that these TVs and features only work with 1440p/1080p 120Hz. No HDMI 2.1 = no 4k 120 fps

0 Likes
RubDub
First Poster
Options

Well, apparently the Q80R in USA and Brasil now supports 4k120 after the latest update. Mine (Q80RAT) still doenst suppor it...hope Samsung figures this out as we should have the same features.

0 Likes
Bkenney
Student
Options

I have the q90r 65 inch and I have the new ps5. I cannot get the ps5 to recognize the tv with 4k @120hz. It only is 4k @60hz. The tv is capable of 4k 4.2.0 10 bit color at 120hz. This is per the user manual.

VRR is not supported on this model. Only Freesync which is proprietary hdmi vrr. Correct me if I'm wrong. I know the ps5 supports VRR only. In order for our tv to take advantage of that feature it needs to be Freesync compatible 

0 Likes