Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the 2018 model Q9FN (55" & higher) support HDMI 2.1?

(Topic created on: 21-02-2022 07:58 PM)
ATZ80
Journeyman
Options

Hello Samsung & Community,

I would like to clarify the following questions with this thread once and for all:

Does the 2018 model Q9FN (55" & higher) support HDMI 2.1?

And is the answer "No":
Will there be an update for the flagship from 2018 (new "One Connect Box") ?

I've already read a lot of different answers here in the forum, once a Samsung admin says that the Q9FN already supports HDMI 2.1, then it says again that Samsung currently can't give any updates for the future.

I think I am not alone with this question here and we have spent a lot of money on this TV. And regarding the new generation of consoles, it would be nice if Samsung could tell us slowly if an update is planned, if the device from 2018 supports HDMI 2.1 or if we are forced to buy new devices.

Please finally give us a clear answer.

Thank you & best regards,

ATZ

16 REPLIES 16
Notis1986
Apprentice
Options

It is very important for a company to support its customers. The qe55q9fn as well as other very expensive top models would have to support technologies for some years due to their high price. This TV has very good technologies but also shortcomings. When I bought the TV I noticed on the first day that it had burned pixels and instead of being replaced the service changed the panel. Then I noticed that it does not support some audio decoders. I took it for granted that such a TV would have. Now I see that not only  it does not support HDMI 2.1 but also does not support with GIGABYTE RTX 3080 TI OC 12GB  4k 3810x2160 120Hz. Otherwise why not buy a budget TV? I am very, very disappointed ...

Krashing
Navigator
Options

That’s very stupid

you are saying tvs should support standard that are not there when they are launched 

for audio Decoding you just could inform yourself before buying since in the website is very clear what your tv will or will not support

anyway if you have issue on pc you don’t need hdmi 2.1 you just can set chroma 4.4.2 instead of 4.4.4 and you should get 120hz 4K even without hdmi 2.1 (on a tv that has some year I think it’s pretty cool as a feature when none of the other tvs from those year had 120hz panel I don’t get what you are blaming about) 

0 Likes
Notis1986
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your prompt reply. Generally, when a person buys a very expensive product, it must have innovations that will exist for some years. And not for 1 year. Otherwise there are cheaper TVs from this to other companys. As for this model, it only works at much lower resolutions with 120Hz, in which you will not like playing games. Anyway, I do not like the way the conversation works. But the rest of us may want to say something.

Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

So, this is sounding more and more ridiculous. A high end tv is supposed to deliver a great experience for it's time (you have a 4 year old TV!!! Yes it's a 2018 model), it's supposed to possibly improve with software updates that are possible for the hardware to handle, and you should expect it to last for longer than cheaper models.  What you are expecting is, they should predict both what software, like codecs and tons of other stuff, and hardware,  is going to be the standard in THE FUTURE! Alternatively they should swap the hardware for new to just get for free?! OK... I'll tell my mobile phone reseller that I am in title to the S22 Ultra for free because my two year old S20 Ultra (Samsung flagship 2020) lacks a ton of great hardware (new Exynos and Snapdragon chipsets) and software, and a PEEEEEN (😱😱😱😱), and features etc etc.... So I MUST BE entitled to all that.... Jesus Christ, my phone is only two years old. Shame on you Samsung!!!

You see how ridiculous your argumentation is?

0 Likes
Notis1986
Apprentice
Options

HDMI 1.0 2002
HDMI 1.1/1.2 2005
HDMI 1.3/1.4 2009
HDMI 2.0 2013
HDMI 2.1 2017

Generations if you know what it is.

Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

Good luck using HDMI 2.1 on Samsung tvs from 2017. Our just ask anyone here if that's possible. Maybe you should do some more research before writing. 

First officially certified HDMI 2.1 Samsung tvs was released in 2019. The Q900RB/Q950R (EU).

0 Likes
Notis1986
Apprentice
Options

I have bought many home appliances,tv, smartphones,hifi etc. It is a company that uses good quality materials. I never had a problem. I just have a complaint about a TV that had a problem as well as some technologies it should have had. I can not understand your attack. You should be polite when writing comments and not "You see how ridiculous your argumentation is?" The topic is over here.