Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does SAMSUNG Q70R support Dolby Atmos with Sonos Arc?

(Topic created on: 12-05-2020 07:10 AM)
devsc
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I recently bought a Samsung QE82Q70RATXXC 2019 model.

I'm thingking about buying the new Sonos ARC that has Dolby Atmos through its eArc HDMI port.

My questions is:

1. Will my Samsung tv support playing Dolby atmos through eArc?

2. Does that depend on Samsung fixing it's issues with built in apps (No Dolby Atmos in Netflix).

3. Does that depend on Samsung filling it's promise and patching an eARC update to the ARC HDMI port?

4. If Samsung doesn't, is it possible to play back media from some other device than the built in apps to avoid all Samsung QoS (Quality of service) issues?

If it does/doesn't will decide if I either have to return the Samsung tv, or buy the three year old Beam instead, that might work better with Samsung's legacy features/problems with Atmos.

Thanks for the help,

/Devsc 

1 REPLY 1
Charlsburg
Pioneer
Options

Return the TV, As far as I've seen Samsung have made no promises regarding an eARC fix.  (Apparently it being a broken major feature for over 2 years isn't important?)

eARC issues have been around since day one, and now with even more reliance on it due to next gen consoles and HDMI 2.1 issues, the best approach is to not purchase a Samsung device.

Samsungs silence on the matter demonstrates their lack of commitment, so why commit to them? 

0 Likes