Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Samsung ever intend to update the firmware for eARC?

(Topic created on: 25-02-2021 11:11 AM)
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Good morning all, I hope that someone from Samsung reads this but I have been chasing a problem with eARC for roughly 12 weeks now with no resolution or case updates in sight.

I speak with Samsung support every two or three days but absolutely nothing.

I don't know why I spent so much money on the Q950ts when its basically not doing what it says.

Someone...anyone...help!

Thanks.

MK

215 REPLIES 215
Moralneeeick
Pioneer
Options

Yup does a lot more on top - I have the 4K version now but doesn’t support VRR so been waiting ages for this - https://hdfury.com/product/8k-vrroom-40gbps/ 

0 Likes
dandashi
Student
Options

Seriously! you two guys  need to stop spamming this post. enough bull and advertising. Samsung sucks

0 Likes
mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

Well, I'm asking for an opinion/advice given that Samsung is in complete silence.

I don't see a problem here.

MarkBT52
Explorer
Options

Interestingly it seems that if the LPCM source is a PC/laptop and you send the TV a 5.1 LPCM audio feed then the pass-through option is enabled and the receiver says it is getting uncompressed multi-channel audio.

So this means the TV IS capable of doing it and that it is being specifically prevented for games consoles etc.

Good news - the TV capable of it  Bad news - for some reason Samsung are deliberately scuppering it.

0 Likes
mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

If the console's hdmi is not in auto it also works, but you lose 4k, vrr, etc. It's a handshake and/or edid problem.

0 Likes
PsyberMantis
Apprentice
Options

Hi All,

So I don't know if this was a fluke or not but I got everything working with my Q70t TV and Q800t soundbar... So after giving up I decided to connect the Series X to my Soundbar and the HDMi cable from my soundbar to the eARC port as I thought what's the point of using the gaming port. Believe it or not, getting full sound functionality including uncompressed 5.1 and 7.1, no lipsync issues, no cutouts, and 4K120Hz VRR. This should not be possible but it is working for me, also can now use 12bit colour. 

Test the above and let me know if it works, maybe it is a fluke, but happy everything is working.

0 Likes
Moralneeeick
Pioneer
Options

That should only work if your Soundbar has HDMI 2.1 - I have the Q950A and while I can get 4K I can’t get 120hz or VRR.

are you sure you’re getting 4K 120 and VRR actually passed through? Does the Xbox have all of the tick boxes on the display info even when connected to Soundbar?

what Soundbar do you have?

0 Likes
PsyberMantis
Apprentice
Options

Hi Moralneeeick,

My soundbar should not have HDMi 2.1 but it all seems to be working, all tick boxes checked in Xbox Series X. 
This is my Set up,
Samsung 55Q70t television
Samsung Q800t Soundbar
Xbox Series X
Using HDMi 2.1 cables between all devices

Xbox using its original cable connected to the HDMi in on the Soundbar
Sound bar using a uGreen HDMi 2.1 cable connects from HDMi out on the soundbar to the eARC (HDMi 3) port on the TV. (added cable brand just in case that changes anything, but it is a cheap cable)

Everything works, tried with games watched some netflix, no issues. It should be impossible, but it is working

0 Likes
PsyberMantis
Apprentice
Options

I have a weird suspicion why, if my reading is correct eARC support 37Mbps (not sure if that is standard or only through HDMi 2.1) , so maybe with port acceleration you getting something close to 2.1 speeds... So think of it as poor mans HDMi 2.1. Or maybe I won the chip lottery or something.

0 Likes
MarkBT52
Explorer
Options

"If the console's hdmi is not in auto"

Don't know what you mean by that. Which option are you referring to?

0 Likes