Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Samsung ever intend to update the firmware for eARC?

(Topic created on: 25-02-2021 11:11 AM)
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Good morning all, I hope that someone from Samsung reads this but I have been chasing a problem with eARC for roughly 12 weeks now with no resolution or case updates in sight.

I speak with Samsung support every two or three days but absolutely nothing.

I don't know why I spent so much money on the Q950ts when its basically not doing what it says.

Someone...anyone...help!

Thanks.

MK

215 REPLIES 215
Imbroosikhon
First Poster
Options

I have the same issues with my SAMSUNG TV and SONOS Arc as described above and would really wish SAMSUNG would at least acknowledge the problem and prepare a firmware update to fix the eARC issues. I feel cheated and infantilized by Samsung by just ignoring and sh*ting on the customers. if there will be no fix, for sure my LAST SAMSUNG Product...

0 Likes
mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

Even with a fix, this is my last Samsung product. This is not serious at all.

0 Likes
Matt055
Explorer
Options

I had this issue and have fixed it 

it’s not the tv it’s the quality of the cable you are using even a 2.1 cable needs to be earc comparable and certified a £15 cable fixed my issues and fully certified 8k compatible and able to handle up to 48gbps which the 4K and atmos will throw at it 

8K HDMI 2.1 Cable, Sniokco Certified 48Gbps Ultra High Speed Braided HDMI Cable 10FT 3M, Support Dynamic HDR, eARC, Dolby Atmos, 8K60Hz, 4K120Hz, HDCP 2.2 2.3, Compatible with HD TV Monitor and More https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B098JLTX4W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_WJ5WY4W5TX2V5ZZ6ET8F

0 Likes
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Brilliant so now we have a spammer in here! Jesus Christ! 

Matt055
Explorer
Options

Sorry

may of just sorted your issue 

0 Likes
mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

Anyways. I have Belkin cables. Ultra hdmi, etc. This is a Samsung issue 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Matt055: I appreciate that you are trying to help, but there were a high number of duplicate replies, which can come across as a little spammy. I've moved them out of the thread, but left your original post where it is in case it can be of use to other Community members. 

0 Likes
PsyberMantis
Apprentice
Options

I am in South Africa and have the exact same issue. Samsung here have simply told me to go to the consumer protection as they will not acknowledge any fault. This feel like an absolute waste of money and worst part they refuse to accept a return. I bought my TV and soundbar for an eARC feature it doesn't have. 

0 Likes
mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

I did it here in Spain and my complain timed out due to no response from Samsung.

Matt055
Explorer
Options

See my post in this thread I purchased a 8k lead that is hdmi certified from Amazon £16 for a 3 m lead and is earc compatible it sorted my no sound or glitchy audio when I had the earc set to auto with my sound bar not missed a beat in over 2 weeks now 

good luck it worked for me shame more people not seen the post as it’s a lead issue the 8k leads can take 48gbs of data 

0 Likes