Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Samsung ever intend to update the firmware for eARC?

(Topic created on: 25-02-2021 11:11 AM)
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Good morning all, I hope that someone from Samsung reads this but I have been chasing a problem with eARC for roughly 12 weeks now with no resolution or case updates in sight.

I speak with Samsung support every two or three days but absolutely nothing.

I don't know why I spent so much money on the Q950ts when its basically not doing what it says.

Someone...anyone...help!

Thanks.

MK

215 REPLIES 215
El Vikingo
Pioneer
Options

Just a quick update - As you may have noticed, there has been an update tpo the firmware. However, it has not changed my sound issue. I still have to switch off the e-Arc function in order to get sound. I am so frustrated

0 Likes
Matt055
Explorer
Options

I had this issue when I bought my TV 14 months ago people seem to think I’m on here trying to sell cables but the 8k certified ones off Amazon sorted my issues I’m a heart beat and earc works on my setup now 

they must be certified cables take a look 

El Vikingo
Pioneer
Options

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt. The last cable i bought was a very good one by Egreen. But, I have bought the Stouchi certified one as a final attempt. I promise to share my experience as soon as I get it next week...🤔

0 Likes
El Vikingo
Pioneer
Options

To my utter astonishment, @Matt055 was right all along. I have put the Stouchi cable into my setup and everything is perfect. I eat my words and thank you for your contribution. So, I am not sure if all the CERTIFIED cables work. But the Stouchi one does. I paid for another one from a reputable company, which according to the sales pitch was exactly the same. Finally, it was not.

Finally, the cable was to fault all along 😃

Matt055
Explorer
Options

I am so pleased that it has worked for you to know I’ve helped one person sort the issue I am chuffed. 

hope some others can benefit from this to by using a certified 8k cable 

my limited knowledge it would seem when all the 4k and Atmos data is going through a cable most can’t handle it and distort. 

good luck to anyone else hope you get sorted 👍🏻

El Vikingo
Pioneer
Options

Bad news. The solution lasted two days. Quickly, the sound started to cutout, even on regular television. I had to go back to disabling e-ARC to be able to watch anything. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted...

0 Likes