Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Samsung ever intend to update the firmware for eARC?

(Topic created on: 25-02-2021 11:11 AM)
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Good morning all, I hope that someone from Samsung reads this but I have been chasing a problem with eARC for roughly 12 weeks now with no resolution or case updates in sight.

I speak with Samsung support every two or three days but absolutely nothing.

I don't know why I spent so much money on the Q950ts when its basically not doing what it says.

Someone...anyone...help!

Thanks.

MK

215 REPLIES 215
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Where did you hear this please? I’m not seeing any new FW available. 

0 Likes
Moodysj
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
CA007
First Poster
Options

Has this been resolved. I’m late to this but after 3 days of trying everything I found this forum. 

0 Likes
El Vikingo
Pioneer
Options

In a short fast word, no. There has been no firmware update, neither to correct the issue, nor for anything else. My solution is to switch off e-Arc and depend on the older ARC connectivity. The sound is constant, albeit at a lower quality due to the pre e-Arc bandwidth restrictions. Believe me, I have tried EVERYTHING. Waste no more time...

0 Likes
Moodysj
First Poster
Options

Yes. For those with the OCB. You will have to manually install FW 1399. 

0 Likes
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Could you try something for me please.

Could you make sure eARC is on and then toggle the CEC setting off and then on and see if your problem still exists? 

0 Likes
El Vikingo
Pioneer
Options

The CEC setting disconnects e-Arc. That is why it appears to solve the problem. When I last finished fiddling with settings and stuff, I found that I get no sound at all when I switch on e-Arc. By the way, I have a top brand cable and premium Yamaha receiver. The weakest link is the television. After changing the cable for the third time, I gave up. Ahhh. Just to clarify, the sound out from my Blu-Ray is perfect and better through an Amazon Firestick than the native apps in the TV. If you watch a lot of content on Netflix, HBO, Filmin... Get one of thesez or an nVidia Shield.

Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Ah dam it I never realised it disabled eARC so thanks for that. I thought I was onto something. Clearly not now I’ve re enabled eARC.

Thanks for responding.

0 Likes
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

You know what I genuinely didn’t realise that CEC disabled eARC I thought i was just disabling the CEC element. I thought I had cracked it and this has just ***** enraged me further about this absolutely appalling service from Samsung to deal with this fault.

I am determined to get this TV exchanged for a newer model with better electronics. 

0 Likes
Findantus
First Poster
Options

https://topclassactions.com/samsung-class-action-lawsuit-and-news-updates/

Maybe that will catch someone's attention .

I'm not joking I'm legit angry right now.

Over a thousand dollars worth of equipment and it won't turn on or off or stay connected correctly .

A multi billion dollar company that can't push a software update .

I hope others join in too . I'm legit filing a complaint .

It is well and illegally to knowingly sell a device that does not work correctly or as advertised.

Samsung already in hot water after lying about refresh rates on the box and specs .

This falls into that "Dolby digital support" when it decides that it wants to stay on randomly shutting off.

Not a feature when it works 1/5 time.

0 Likes