Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Samsung ever intend to update the firmware for eARC?

(Topic created on: 25-02-2021 11:11 AM)
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Good morning all, I hope that someone from Samsung reads this but I have been chasing a problem with eARC for roughly 12 weeks now with no resolution or case updates in sight.

I speak with Samsung support every two or three days but absolutely nothing.

I don't know why I spent so much money on the Q950ts when its basically not doing what it says.

Someone...anyone...help!

Thanks.

MK

215 REPLIES 215
Matt055
Explorer
Options

My sound never worked on built in apps like Netflix prime and when auto selected it would distort. Sound was always good on other devices such as ps5 on pass through to my Samsung sound bar would give full Dolby and atmos sound 

when going via tv output of apps as these are processed via tv the sound would never work until I got new cables 8k one 

ps5 on pass through and a 4 k cable always worked 

this was my issue and the cable cured my sound problems and I can. Now watch in full 5.1 Atmos and 4K off the built in apps with no issue or having to turn of auto and have substandard stereo sound output 

0 Likes
mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

Thanks. 
The problem is when trying to pass uncompressed 5.1 or 7.1 through the TV. This issue still persists. It's not possible to do 5.1 or 7.1. Atmos (bitstream on the Series X) works well.

The cutouts or sound drop when using built-in apps still persist too, and in my case on a daily basis. Always when eARC is enabled. If eARC is not enabled, there are no cutouts nor sound drop.

Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Hi all, well I just updated to version 02101.2021-09-30 and I while I can confirm my issue is still NOT fixed it does seem to be a little better.

The popping issue I have experienced when browsing Netflix movies and watching the small preview used to be god dam horrendous in previous versions of the TVs firmware and when eARC was set to on. 

Now however the audio popping issue does seem to be greatly reduced, however I can still see my receiver struggling with the audio handshake. The display on my AV amp is constantly flickering, like it's trying to establish an audio connection until the connection is established. Im hopeful we/I am getting closer to a resolution.

Just to be clear, the audio popping issue I experience is only when eARC is set to on. If eARC is set to off the Audio connection is flawless.

I'll provide some feedback in the next few days once I have had a bit more of a play.

mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

I'm experiencing exactly the same. I have the Q800T.

El Vikingo
Pioneer
Options

Thanks for the word up, there. Your situation is the same as mine, although the TV model is different. Despite the marketing squad talking about getting better cables, I have the best one I could find and it does sweet FA.

When I disable the e-ARC function I get sound mixed to DD+. If I switch it to auto, then I get popping sounds as my receiver goes bonkers trying to connect to the TV and, at best I get PCM output to my receiver, which is a brand-new beautiful Yamaha.

We can only hope that Samsung decide to do something to help all those of us who suffer...

El Vikingo
Pioneer
Options

There is a new update to the firmware. Guess what? I still can't find any changes. The sound is still output as PCM via the eArc with constant popping and obliging me to deactivate the function abd output simple HDMI, limited to DD+, despite having a high quality AV Receiver.

Samsung continues to ignore our problems...

0 Likes
mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

Yes. 2101 is like a placebo...

0 Likes
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

I did notice on 2021 I can now play actual 8k videos via the YouTube app. Looks pretty impressive to me.

The jury is still out on earc for me. 

0 Likes
MGOUDAPP
Voyager
Options

Fyi Disney plus upgraded their app and released atmos on their content 

0 Likes
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

I was up early this morning working so I thought I know, I will watch an Audience with Adele on the ITV Hub....well I wish I hadn't because thought my issue was solved.

MY GOD the pops and clicks are dreadful when the audio is trying to Sync. Whether this is specifically because of the ITV hub I don't know but its not good.

I live in hope once more for future updates to fix this!

0 Likes