Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Samsung ever intend to update the firmware for eARC?

(Topic created on: 24-10-2021 09:50 PM)
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Good morning all, I hope that someone from Samsung reads this but I have been chasing a problem with eARC for roughly 12 weeks now with no resolution or case updates in sight.

I speak with Samsung support every two or three days but absolutely nothing.

I don't know why I spent so much money on the Q950ts when its basically not doing what it says.

Someone...anyone...help!

Thanks.

MK

215 REPLIES 215
mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

Yes, and it doesn't fix the problem.

0 Likes
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Spoiler alert lol … I was being hopeful!
😞 

Beast169619
Student
Options

Mine works fine now. Make sure you're using a high quality HDMI cable and that it supports the latest audio formats 

0 Likes
mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

Thanks, but at this point and after almost 2 years of having the Q800T you can imagine that cables was one of the first things that I checked.

El Vikingo
Pioneer
Options

Pay no attention. This is a spammer who pops up from time to time to sell an HDMI cable. We have all tried and failed at this option. Anyone who is connecting high quality audio devices does so with equally high-quality cables

Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

This problem really pisses me off. I’m really in two minds now of not just leaving this as it is and demanding an upgrade to the newer TV. 

I just don’t think I have the energy to go through the steps to get the upgrade.

mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

I have Belkin cables, so there's no chance to convince me to try something different 😂

mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

And Samsung knows this. Anyways, even if they fix this problem, it's my last Samsung product.

Matt055
Explorer
Options

Well it worked for me I won’t post the link but got an 8K certified cable and it cured my sound issue and my TV now works when earc set to auto so maybe he ain’t a spammer and has been lucky like me and got one that works my 4K cable didn’t work none of them 

0 Likes
mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

So you can passthrough 5.1 or 7.1 LPCM? I'm not talking about bitstream. What's your setup?

0 Likes