Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Samsung ever intend to update the firmware for eARC?

(Topic created on: 23-09-2021 05:22 AM)
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Good morning all, I hope that someone from Samsung reads this but I have been chasing a problem with eARC for roughly 12 weeks now with no resolution or case updates in sight.

I speak with Samsung support every two or three days but absolutely nothing.

I don't know why I spent so much money on the Q950ts when its basically not doing what it says.

Someone...anyone...help!

Thanks.

MK

215 REPLIES 215
Beast169619
Student
Options

How did you get yours working? My audio works fine on standard channels but assume as it tries to send DD or DD+ the receiver just gets confused. Clearly we are all having the same issue so it needs to be addressed otherwise why would you buy this product??? Is there a receiver that actually works as expected? 

0 Likes
El Vikingo
Pioneer
Options

Best of luck with that. I have to basically, switch between e-arc function for my amp to detect the signal and then to disable it to stop the sound cutouts and to have DD+ sound. I have tried many alternatives. It is a disgrace. I really feel for @@psybermantis. Being told to take it to a higher level is despotism and total neglact by Samsung.

I will avoid this company at all costs. I have just turned down an upgrade from my mobile provider because it was a Samsung....

0 Likes
Beast169619
Student
Options

That doesn't quite make sense to me. The whole point of HDMI 2.1 is the increase in bit rate. Since the TV is only sending audio via the cable to the receiver, it is no where near the limit. My receiver is also only arc compatible and HDMI 2.0. I am more than happy to buy a HDMI 2.1 cable but I honestly don't see that resolving my issue. Especially since my old TV worked as expected and it was from Aldi..............

0 Likes
PsyberMantis
Apprentice
Options

I got mine working by connecting my Series X on the Soundbar(Q800T) HDMi-in port, and then connecting the HDMi-out to the eARC port on my TV(Q70t) not the Game port. Somehow it has fooled the system and I am getting all the sound features and 4K120Hz VRR. It shouldn't work, but it is... I am not touching anything again, cause I will cry if it reverts back again. I am using HDMi 2.1 cables throughout, but don't think that is the solution.

0 Likes
Beast169619
Student
Options

Has anyone resolved this with a new eARC receiver? It it an issue with receivers that have ARC only? 

0 Likes
mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

It's the TV. I have an earc capable receiver.

0 Likes
Beast169619
Student
Options

Turns out the right cable plays an important role. Also try to avoid lengths over 3m unless you have a booster / repeater. That managed to resolve my problem. 

0 Likes
Moodysj
First Poster
Options

I got DD+ to work over ARC HDMI by running an optical cable to my Denon reciver and forgetting about getting DD+ via ARC HDMI. Oh and i had a certified HDMI cable and tried multiple cables.

0 Likes
El Vikingo
Pioneer
Options

You Will be able to do that over arc if you disable the e-arc option un the sound configuration. It goes against all logic. But. I find the only way to get sound without pops is to disable it. The point is that the e-arc does not work. The sound is probably better via HDMI than optical. Good luck

0 Likes
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

I notice there is new firmware available as of Oct 18.

I haven’t tried it yet, has anyone else? 

0 Likes