Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Samsung ever intend to update the firmware for eARC?

(Topic created on: 14-09-2021 07:38 AM)
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Good morning all, I hope that someone from Samsung reads this but I have been chasing a problem with eARC for roughly 12 weeks now with no resolution or case updates in sight.

I speak with Samsung support every two or three days but absolutely nothing.

I don't know why I spent so much money on the Q950ts when its basically not doing what it says.

Someone...anyone...help!

Thanks.

MK

215 REPLIES 215
Moralneeeick
Pioneer
Options

Yeah the delay went when they replaced the Main board in one connect box - but ended up replacing whole TV for other issues. New firmware should be out soon also.

0 Likes
rsoback94
First Poster
Options

Could the firmware fix the delay? And oh ok cause my q90t doesn't have a one connection box, but the boards are all made the same?

0 Likes
rsoback94
First Poster
Options

I know people have been having issues with these tvs for over a year so I hope they finally fix it

0 Likes
Beast169619
Student
Options

I am having a similar problem with my new QN85a TV 65". My receiver can't pick up dolby digital or dolby digital plus from the TV. My receiver worked fine with my old TV. If I change the Audio output from auto to pcm then it works, but obviously don't get 5.1 sound. Does anyone know if there is a fix to this??? Cheers 

0 Likes
El Vikingo
Pioneer
Options

There is no solution available. This is specifically the problem we have all experienced. Some have been offered replaced boards, others have played with settings. The only real solution appears tonbe returning the television and exchanging It for another brand. Some on here were quick enough to do so and are extrememly pleased. Sorry for the reply. But, It is the way It is. There have been no updates addressing this fact, neither of the firmware nor of the hardware.

0 Likes
Beast169619
Student
Options

You have got to be kidding..... I am aware that it is a firmware issue most likely but I don't quite understand how the solution is to replace the TV. Especially since this issue effects more than one model....... Where is the QC before market release???

0 Likes
El Vikingo
Pioneer
Options

We are all horrified. Believe me. I forgot. Another solution is to bypass the TV with an nVidia Shield. However, they srenquite expensive. It is shocking that ducha a Big company have so little consideration for the customers. Someone here told us that when they contacted customer services, they were told that nobody has spoken about the issue sonit must be a problem with the connected devices... It is a disgrace. For this reason, the BEST solution is to change brands. My Yamaha reciever has received updates every couple of months, while the Samsung has never had one and the dame problem has persisted connecting It to several receivers.

0 Likes
PsyberMantis
Apprentice
Options

I got mine working by luck, but not even sure if it will revert back if the power goes out or something... I am so disappointed in Samsung. I gave them an opportunity to correct the issue, instead they issue me with a letter stating I cannot return the product because there is no fault, even though I showed the technician the fault. The technician was not allowed to acknowledge any fault. My TV was bought May this year, I contacted them in June. They simply told me to go to the Consumer Protection Agency if I wish to take it further. I will never purchase another Samsung product again!!! 

0 Likes
Beast169619
Student
Options

I am speechless if that is the solution. I know for a fact my setup is fine because my old TV worked exactly as it should. I only went to the new Samsung because the picture quality was so good. I am waiting for Samsung technical support to ring me to work through the issue, but I know there isn't a good solution yet. It is a firmware update that needs to occur. The LG OLED is looking pretty good right about now. I would of thought this would have been addressed with Version 1506

0 Likes
Matt055
Explorer
Options

I keep getting berated in here for saying this but I had the same issue with mine 

I did a complete factory reset of my TV and then reconnected everything as it told me and looped my set top box via the sound bar (stb was not my issue) which was always in the earc hdmi of the tv 

my issue was always with earc on auto and loss of sound or jittering sound via that output only pcm setting would work but then no 5.1 etc and sounded flat 

I bought a CERTIFIED 8k HDMI lead off Amazon and used that to connect my sound bar. Now on auto for earc setting it has worked perfectly for over a month with no issues 

I to was looking to swap my TV glad I didn’t

HDMI 2.1 Certified Cable 3m,Stouchi 8K 48Gbps Ultra High Speed 8K60 4K120 144Hz RTX 3090 eARC HDR10 HDCP 2.2&2.3 Dolby Compatible with Playstation 5/P https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08YD5SL4Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_LgbnqkUqfBjs9

0 Likes