Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Samsung ever intend to update the firmware for eARC?

(Topic created on: 03-09-2021 06:37 PM)
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Good morning all, I hope that someone from Samsung reads this but I have been chasing a problem with eARC for roughly 12 weeks now with no resolution or case updates in sight.

I speak with Samsung support every two or three days but absolutely nothing.

I don't know why I spent so much money on the Q950ts when its basically not doing what it says.

Someone...anyone...help!

Thanks.

MK

215 REPLIES 215
PsyberMantis
Apprentice
Options

Did you plug it into the eArc port on your TV? 

0 Likes
PsyberMantis
Apprentice
Options

I was really hoping it would work for you, you got the model soundbar above mine... I feel like I am gonna wake up and it is gonna be broken again... 

0 Likes
Moralneeeick
Pioneer
Options

Yeah Soundbar is already on eARC - I just moved Xbox over to HDMI 1 on Soundbar - here is the doc for Q950A below 😞

24A1A542-E898-4E36-BF60-F7DEBEA5195A.png

0 Likes
PsyberMantis
Apprentice
Options

So confirming, you got your xbox on the soundbar hdmi in, and you connected the hdmi out from soundbar to tv eARC port... don't know if this maybe made a diffirence... connect xbox to HDMi 4 on the TV, select 120hz, 4k, etc... then turn off everything... then plug the xbox into soundbar in... turn everything on, check settings...

0 Likes
PsyberMantis
Apprentice
Options

20210903_194452.jpg

20210903_194538.jpg

0 Likes
Moralneeeick
Pioneer
Options

Yeah did exactly that - tv instantly re-handshaked with the Soundbar and Xbox now says not capable. You’ve probably somehow fooled the EDID to make the Xbox think it’s still connected to TV. Thanks for help though - I don’t have much longer to wait for the Vrroom plus that gives me Dolby vision support too (will lose Q Symphony though)

0 Likes
PsyberMantis
Apprentice
Options

All good, I am not touching any settings, lol... It will be ages before we get something even close to the Vrooom in my country and it will prolly cost a fortune... 

0 Likes
rsoback94
First Poster
Options

Hey man will the vrrooom  fix my ps4 and ps5 audio delay issue? And I can get surround sound still...unlike what I'm currently getting. I have my soundbar connected to hdmi 3 which is the earc port and my ps5 connected to my soundbar but still having audio delay issue. And I have my ps4 plugged into TV and it's even worse. Both are set to dolby cause if I put It on PCM I only get stereo 2.0 and no 5.1 surround sound. But PCM has no sound delay. So will the vrrooom fix this? And also would I plug the vrrooom into the hdmi 4 2.1 input or hdmi 3 earc port which is not hdmi 2.1? 

Feedback would be great! Thank you 

0 Likes
Moralneeeick
Pioneer
Options

My new TV replacement fixed the delay so I’m not sure if that means it’s actually a hardware fault or not with earlier manufactured TVs - VRROOM may not help if the tv itself was faulty like my original QN800A was.

0 Likes
rsoback94
First Poster
Options

Awww man. Ok so you don't get any delay at all now with dolby surround? This is already my 2nd of this TV cause the first was super dark and wouldn't get any brighter. I could just have samsung tech come out and replace on the no board area and that may fix the delay? It could just be my main board where the hdmi inputs are?

0 Likes