Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Samsung ever intend to update the firmware for eARC?

(Topic created on: 03-09-2021 06:26 PM)
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Good morning all, I hope that someone from Samsung reads this but I have been chasing a problem with eARC for roughly 12 weeks now with no resolution or case updates in sight.

I speak with Samsung support every two or three days but absolutely nothing.

I don't know why I spent so much money on the Q950ts when its basically not doing what it says.

Someone...anyone...help!

Thanks.

MK

215 REPLIES 215
mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

Yes, screen or video settings. Where you configure hdmi/dvi/manual.

0 Likes
MarkBT52
Explorer
Options

Still not sure. The PS4 has HDR and resolution options but I can't see what you are referring to

0 Likes
mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

I'm talking about Series X. I don't know where to look in case of PS.

0 Likes
Moralneeeick
Pioneer
Options

I have series X and also not sure - can you take a pic of the screen you mean?

0 Likes
mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

I'm not at home. I'm talking about this

• Make sure the Xbox is automatically detecting your TV. Go to Profile & system > Settings > General > TV & display options. Under the Advanced column, choose Video fidelity & overscan. In the Display column, ensure that Auto-detect (Recommended) is selected. 4K isn't available when HDMI or DVI is manually selected.

0 Likes
Moralneeeick
Pioneer
Options

Have you tried playing a DTS-X 4K blu ray and using passthrough? If anything is going to push the limits of it that will. 

I can only imagine that the Xbox is somehow looking through the earc connection to the TV (which is what it’s meant to do) but the middle man has to support that bandwidth too. I’m gonna try this too as the Q950 has had a firmware upgrade so maybe something has changed there.

even the official Samsung docs say it’s not supported - never seen a Samsung bug go in a positive direction before :smiling-face:

PsyberMantis
Apprentice
Options

20210903_191244.jpg

20210903_191259.jpg

20210903_191310.jpg

0 Likes
PsyberMantis
Apprentice
Options

I played a 4k blu-ray, played cyberpunk 2077, RE8 with Ray tracing, dolby atmos and dts X... no cut outs, no issues... a good bug for a change 👌

0 Likes
PsyberMantis
Apprentice
Options

On another note, this even fixed another thing which I never knew was an issue... use to get a slight grain watching netflix, now it is smooth and looks good... I am starting to think eArc isn't the issue but rather the HDMi 2.1 port

0 Likes
Moralneeeick
Pioneer
Options

Just tried it - unfortunately no luck I have same settings. It’s ok with 4K 60 but won’t let me select 120. Also I noticed I lose Q Symphony in this mode which is actually one good thing about the setup.

not long to wait until I get my Vrroom anyway so will be perfect then. 

0 Likes