Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Samsung ever intend to update the firmware for eARC?

(Topic created on: 12-08-2021 09:49 AM)
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Good morning all, I hope that someone from Samsung reads this but I have been chasing a problem with eARC for roughly 12 weeks now with no resolution or case updates in sight.

I speak with Samsung support every two or three days but absolutely nothing.

I don't know why I spent so much money on the Q950ts when its basically not doing what it says.

Someone...anyone...help!

Thanks.

MK

215 REPLIES 215
mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

To the original question of this post, the answer is: No.

mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

People could tell me that I'm a troll, or whatever, but the reality is that in comparison to Samsung, companies like LG listen to their customers and act accordingly. For example, just to mention a few basic things, they release very detailed changelogs and the changes are based on the feedback from customers or issues recognized by them as manufacturers, while Samsung remains in complete silence.

It's been more than a year since I bought my Q800T tv. I spent 3000€. What did I get? A broken eARC implementation, inability to do LPCM 5.1 or 7.1 passthrough, faulty VRR, and a warranty void because I told to support that I did a factory reset through the service menu.

With all that said, this is for sure my last Samsung product.

El Vikingo
Pioneer
Options

You are not a troll. Just another victim of circumstance. This is my first Samsung TV and it will certainly be my last. The changelogs you have mentioned are commonplace. I get them from Sony for my mobile and old TV, Yamaha are exceptional with my receiver. It is not yet a year old and they have tweaked the firmware several times in accordance with customer comments.

I am happy I didn't spend more on the Samsung. I have a Crystal 55". The sound system just simply does not work. If I enable e-ARC I get constant crackling sounds and PCM. If i disable it I get DD+. The problem is then when I switch it off. On restating, I have to change the e-Arc back to automatic to get ANY sound. Logically, I am talking about through my receiver, which works faultlessly with my Sony Blu-Ray and the old Sony TV which the Samsung replaced.

As you commented, Samsung have done NOTHING with 2020 models. They simply plough on with the next generation. It is a disgrace, an insult to customers. If i hadn't doubted between the fault being my receiver or TV, I would have returned it. I was disuaded because of the confinement.

The warning to all those who are considering a new purchase is. The TVs are beuatiful to look at and the image quality os great. But, the sound is abysmal for using anything other than the basic, limited speakers in the device itself.

mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

Totally agree with you. In my case my sound system is a Sony ST5000. It's perfect, but it's a shame that I can't take full advantage of it thanks to Samsung. I can't plug my Series X in to the soundbar because it doesn't offer 4k120, VRR, HDR10+ and ALLM, but that's fine because that's why I bought the TV, to plug everything in it and use eARC... which again, it's broken.

0 Likes
MarkBT52
Explorer
Options

That is not a solution since the guy is selecting bitstream options on the consoles, thereby bypassing the actual issue

mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

Bitstream always worked. Uncompressed 5.1 or 7.1 never.

0 Likes
Moralneeeick
Pioneer
Options

Bitstream is overridden to TRU-HD for BD if you enable passthrough, the bitstream lossy only applies to not BD apps. 

I’ve had 3 main board replacements now and can confirm each replacement solved the issue for sound but unfortunately introduced a picture issue so I’m getting a refund.

Anyone with these issues I suggest getting a repair as the hardware is the issue if you have regular dropouts on lossy/lossless Atmos or on apple tv. Those work perfectly now - there’s no cooling on the board at all I’m not surprised they are failing all over the place.

0 Likes
mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

There are two problems: dropouts when earc is enabled, and LPCM passthrough not working. 

0 Likes
Matt055
Explorer
Options

I have just bought a  75 inch q60 series TV and a Samsung q600a sound bar. I connected it all up and quite quickly noticed audio stutter or no audio at all via Netflix or Prime on the TV built in apps. After hours of messing about I can only get it to work if I go into setting sound and turn the earc digital output setting from Auto to PCM (no passthrough available) this then works but gives rubbish sound as its only 2 channel stereo output. After looking all over the web you can see that its an issue with the TV and even though my firmware is up to date they have not addressed this issue. I then connected my PS5 and selected its audio output to Dolby digital and then when I go into the sound setting on the TV it lets me select the digital output as Passthrough. Well what can I say the depth of the sound and the surround was mind blowing on games and yes even netflix and Prime apps running on the PS5. I even then went back and selected netflix and watched a film and once again no sound. go back to PS5 and then go to TV and swith it to Passthrough and once again a total world of difference in sound quality.

So after spending £1600 on a TV thats EARC does not work and a £550 soundbar and £150 rear wireless speakers all I needed was a £450 Sony PS5 to get the soundbar to do what it is supposed to. 

I think this is disgraceful given these are all March 2021 models and not cheap. 

Samsung you have a eARC issue on your TV's and you dont want to address it SHAME ON YOU

I am now speaking with a Tech at Hughes and he agrees its the TV processing the sound incorrectly via eARC the question is what to do now as I think I either have to use my PS5 all the time for the full experience or get a different TV after hours of messing about and installing this one I am not happy if it was a cheap make I would get it buy Samsung are supposed to be the top 3 TV manufacturers. Also what about all the people who dont get the Tech and have just set the TV to PCM and are using it not to its potential they have been cheated by samsung 

What are they going to do to address this as this thread started in Feb 2021 and we are now in august and no fix !!!!!!

MGOUDAPP
Voyager
Options

Worldwide issue, zero communication.