Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Samsung ever intend to update the firmware for eARC?

(Topic created on: 05-07-2021 09:55 AM)
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Good morning all, I hope that someone from Samsung reads this but I have been chasing a problem with eARC for roughly 12 weeks now with no resolution or case updates in sight.

I speak with Samsung support every two or three days but absolutely nothing.

I don't know why I spent so much money on the Q950ts when its basically not doing what it says.

Someone...anyone...help!

Thanks.

MK

215 REPLIES 215
Moralneeeick
Pioneer
Options

I have found a solution that works perfectly for me. Let me know on the post if it works for you.

Earc solution! 

0 Likes
El Vikingo
Pioneer
Options

Hello @Micheal_Knight ,

I think I have commented elsewhere that this is the ONLY way to be able to have external sound on a Samsung 2020 TV. The question I would like to address Samsung is why include a function which clearly does not work? Do they not have quality control?

I cannot comprehend such a lacking. It infuriates me and has disuaded me from trusting the brand. Mostly, because they have made NO comment, not even an appology...

0 Likes
Moralneeeick
Pioneer
Options

Totally agree - engineers are coming today will see what they have to say but I’m gearing up for a return and refund right now.

0 Likes
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

I really do hope you all have some luck, if I had the energy to deal with Samsung I would insist they upgrade me to the latest TV to see if that works, it’s the same price I paid for the 2020 model so it wouldn’t matter. 

0 Likes
Moralneeeick
Pioneer
Options

They replaced the main board and one connect cable and so far it’s working. Will report back if I have any more issues. If it was caused by bad heat management in the box it may well break again. But so far it’s working better than it ever has. I can switch between inputs and no change in eARC - it’s sticking.

0 Likes
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Was your issue a popping issue or something else? I’ve had three TVs now and all boards replaced and the issue was still persisting.

0 Likes
Moralneeeick
Pioneer
Options

Loss of earc handshake intermittently and needing a hard reset to get it back. Also random dropping of Ethernet connection and sound dropouts. Popping may just be another manifestation of the same thing. I just think the boards have issues with heat and components are failing - only time will tell I guess.

0 Likes
Moralneeeick
Pioneer
Options

Just found this YouTube video which takes apart the slim one connect box. Turns out there is no heat sink or fan inside - just a heat conductive pad… 

I’m no expert but I’ve never known a high end CPU to not have some sort of metallic passive cooler. If heat really is the issue then the box would need a redesign to be fixed.

https://youtu.be/W1xhgpbMhqk 

0 Likes
Moralneeeick
Pioneer
Options

Seems I spoke too soon. Audio dropouts started 90 mins into a movie. Also just noticed the panel now has vertical stripes on it from top to bottom since they replaced the main board. 

I’m trying my hardest for a refund now I’m fed up of Samsung. 

3921AFC5-692F-46A8-B486-F63DA5A35E51.jpeg

0 Likes
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

This is shocking! You would think they would test this before leaving!

as I said before I don’t have the energy to deal with Samsung anymore. I will never buy from them again EVER! 

0 Likes