Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Samsung ever intend to update the firmware for eARC?

(Topic created on: 18-03-2021 07:09 AM)
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Good morning all, I hope that someone from Samsung reads this but I have been chasing a problem with eARC for roughly 12 weeks now with no resolution or case updates in sight.

I speak with Samsung support every two or three days but absolutely nothing.

I don't know why I spent so much money on the Q950ts when its basically not doing what it says.

Someone...anyone...help!

Thanks.

MK

215 REPLIES 215
El Vikingo
Pioneer
Options

I have read in another post that Samsung have upodated the firmware on some models. There is absolutle no sign of this for mine Crystal UHD 55" (8505). So, I see myself limited to disabling e-ARC which was a principal factor in deciding on this brand over others. I have been faithful for Sony for years and fancied a change which I now regret bitterly.

Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

I agree, I bought this for 2.1 earc connection and it’s bloody awful.

so much for future proofing! 

Galaxy_Echo
Explorer
Options

eARC on many TV can not passthrough DTS, it's understandable since it needs extra licence payment.

But why does Samsung TV's eARC can't even handle LPCM ? The eARC which can not passthrough LPCM is not "eARC". How many users are lied by Samsumg's fake advertisement ?

slx
Pioneer
Options

Me at least. Seems there are not many enough that complained about it. Otherwise the Update fixing that would already have arrived.

0 Likes
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Samsung have sent me another Q950ts, I’m not entirely why they have done this unless there were some specific hardware revisions to fix my issue, but I’m grateful and will feedback when I have the TV setup.

El Vikingo
Pioneer
Options

The problem here is that Samsung feel no need to address the problem. They are selling Televisions by the bucketload and, being such large objects, many prefer to put up with the insufficiencies than return the product. Unfortunately, it is my case. I live on the 4th floor without a lift. Getting the device up the stairs was tough and I don't want to do it again.

I have learned a lesson. After years with a Sony, which was faultless. The features it lacked were never promised. I bought the Samsung believing it to be brand leaders, especially for the eArc feature, which I was excited to take advantage of with my AVR. In the end, I have to switch off the feature and get better performance from an Amazon Firestick when watching PrimeTV, which cost me less than 10%. Also it is interesting to note that I get a fairly constant stream of updates to improve the experience, not only correct mistakes.

The Samsung has had NO update since I bought it four months ago and it has horrendous sound quality and a feature which has never worked.

All I can say is that I am delighted not to have updated a Sony Xperia for a Galaxy. I will never buy from this brand again. A customer buys a product but is faithful to a brand which makes them feel welcome. Samsung does not.

0 Likes
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

So I’ve setup the new TV and well guess what, the problem still exists which I’m not surprised by. 

But even worse I now have a TV with a dodgy picture. The left hand side of the TV has a, kinda bar running through it. Most noticeable in Ambient mode.

I will need to speak to Samsung yet again! 

505109D0-4789-4EA8-8541-B283371B0059.jpeg

0 Likes
Moralneeeick
Pioneer
Options

I have a 2021 Samsung QN800A and their new flagship Q950A Soundbar. Tv is HDMI 2.1 on all ports - and guess what. Earc is broken. 

Samsung engineer coming Monday but seeing this forum post makes me think I should just get my money back and give up. 

El Vikingo
Pioneer
Options

I am not sure how to put this.... There has been no update to the firmware on my 2020 model TV. Meanwhile, my Yamaha receiver has one every couple of months to address small issues.

Samsung seem to be completely indifferent to those who have bought a TV. I am so disappointed. The sound on my TV is atrocious. I have to switch off the e-ARC function because it makes horrible cracking sounds and I fear for my speakers. Then, often I have to cycle between automatic and disabled for this function to get sound out of my receiver.

0 Likes
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Your issue is the exact issue I’m having so I just turn off earc. Samsung could not care less. 

it would be so bad if they just said they were addressing the issue but they say nothing!

0 Likes