Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Samsung ever intend to update the firmware for eARC?

(Topic created on: 09-03-2021 03:48 PM)
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Good morning all, I hope that someone from Samsung reads this but I have been chasing a problem with eARC for roughly 12 weeks now with no resolution or case updates in sight.

I speak with Samsung support every two or three days but absolutely nothing.

I don't know why I spent so much money on the Q950ts when its basically not doing what it says.

Someone...anyone...help!

Thanks.

MK

215 REPLIES 215
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Well I still cannot find any patch notes so i've no idea what the update was about!

MGOUDAPP
Voyager
Options

The Samsung update does not resolve the issue. The Sonos bèta version 12.2.3 of the arc does

0 Likes
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

@MGOUDAPP did you have the same popping issue I am speaking about then?

0 Likes
slx
Pioneer
Options

The issue, where Apps like Netflix no more pass through DD 5.1 to the AV receiver, when eARC is on, is also not resolved by the update 1497 on my Q950TS. Also there is still no LPCM 5.1 or 7.1 passthrough possible from a PS5 on Port 4.

I am also talking and writing with samsung support for a few weeks now. After 2x exchange of my whole display unit because of severe backlight issues, now I have a functional TV in terms of picture. But my eARC issues are not resolved by now. The guys from the support team gave me the hope, that this update could fix the issues, but it does not.

I am very dissapointed about what this update did.... if it did something at all...

*Edit: AV receiver is a Denon X2700H

Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

@slx well said, sorry to hear you are also having issues. Im also due a replacement TV but I don't know how many times i've stated this isn't a hardware issue. 

We can only hope for another update soon or I may as well ask for an exchange to the newer model to see if that will fix the issue.

I asked support for the specific details in update 1497, they said they don't provide this information. Lovely! 😕 

slx
Pioneer
Options

3 months waiting for an update, and not a fix for anything. There are also issues with blooming in HDR game mode, also no change there.

I have also asked them about a changelog, and they stated, that they do not even know it.😅

I am also at the point that I would prefer an exchange TV or simply my money back, but I do not think that they would go along with it without resistance. And If they would exchange ist with a new model.... does this new model have the same issues at the end ?

0 Likes
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Look I get that we (the few that use all these features) have an issue but we must not be forgotten. We bought a TV with an expectation that it should work, it simply doesn't. 

slx
Pioneer
Options

...and paying much money for a product that is selected by specifications it simply does not meet.

seksimon
Journeyman
Options

...and paying much money for a product

> that is selected by specifications it simply

> does not meet.

This is INCREDIBLY true and why this lack of support and acknowledgement is so frustrating...

A couple thousand dollars is not pocket change. In the end, this is NOT the product I was promised when I bought it. 

Galaxy_Echo
Explorer
Options

The most frustration is not the issue itself , but the silence of Samsung.  Even if the TV is limited to not afford multichannel LPCM, Samsung should honestly give us an answer, not leave us in uncertainty.