Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Samsung ever intend to update the firmware for eARC?

(Topic created on: 02-03-2021 08:47 AM)
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Good morning all, I hope that someone from Samsung reads this but I have been chasing a problem with eARC for roughly 12 weeks now with no resolution or case updates in sight.

I speak with Samsung support every two or three days but absolutely nothing.

I don't know why I spent so much money on the Q950ts when its basically not doing what it says.

Someone...anyone...help!

Thanks.

MK

215 REPLIES 215
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Surely they must realise they need to fix these things? 

keeping fingers crossed for the future then! 

0 Likes
dandashi
Student
Options

Hello All

It appears Samsung is not going to honor its commitment to updat the EARC on the 2019 8k TVs as promised and the only reaSON I bought the stupid TV. SO here goes: Im thinking about contacting  a lawyer to file a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT FOR failing to honor their commitment. Im wondering how many of you will be interested in joining. thank you. you can reply here

Sof

0 Likes
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Do you know for certain that they won’t update the firmware to address these issues? 

0 Likes
Galaxy_Echo
Explorer
Options

Samsung ever promised they will update eARC on 2019's Q90R, but until now there is still no any news. Even their official promise can be broken, I don't think they will fix eARC issue for 2020 TV.

0 Likes
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

So Samsung replaced every board in my TV and One Connect box and still my problem of popping exists. 

Its definitely software related so I can only hope and pray for an update!

0 Likes
seksimon
Journeyman
Options

Or they will blame your Xbox. Customer service has been HORRIBLE to me blaming every other component saying they cannot test 3rd party hardware so it's not their fault. What a scam. 

PawelMerlin
Pioneer
Options

Same here. Just after I tell them that some problem is with connected xbox they are telling that it is Xbox problem even though I send them video with exactly the same xbox and cables and Sony TV where it works without problems.

Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

I showed the extremely brilliant and very helpful engineer that the problem ONLY occurs when eARC is set to on. I demonstrated it to him so he said he will report back. 

Again I can only hope for a fix.

Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options
  • ver 1497.0
  • 1599.31 MB
  • Mar 08. 2021

Samsung have release new firmware. I can't find any patch notes yet though. 
0 Likes
seksimon
Journeyman
Options

I can't see it yet but can't wait!! Thanks for the heads up.