Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Samsung ever intend to update the firmware for eARC?

(Topic created on: 25-02-2021 03:30 PM)
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Good morning all, I hope that someone from Samsung reads this but I have been chasing a problem with eARC for roughly 12 weeks now with no resolution or case updates in sight.

I speak with Samsung support every two or three days but absolutely nothing.

I don't know why I spent so much money on the Q950ts when its basically not doing what it says.

Someone...anyone...help!

Thanks.

MK

215 REPLIES 215
Galaxy_Echo
Explorer
Options

Since Samsung's TV can't even passthrough LPCM via HDMI, how can they advertise their TV support "eARC" ?

LG had the same issue, but they honestly acknowledged the problem and fixed it rapidly. Samsung still keep ignoring customers' questioning and busy to advertise their new TV.

Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

I really don't know what the hold up is. This is so frustrating and I genuinely not sure if I should return the TV as being faulty. 

I just don't know why Samsung won't take me seriously?

Galaxy_Echo
Explorer
Options

I suggest you return this TV if you can. Not only eARC problem, Samsung's 2020 TV is full of many annoying bugs and issues, and they never give you a clear answer if they'll fix those issues.

It's my most regret decision that I bought a Samsung TV and not returned it in time.

Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

But I really don't want to return the TV but I don't think Im left with much option at all. 

seksimon
Journeyman
Options

I too can't make eARC work for the life of me. Only ARC works. I bought my Q80T TV especially for eARC + PS5. This is ridiculous.....

EDIT: yes my AVR has eARC enabled. Sony STR-DH790 on firmware 1.171 (2020, factory flashed)

EDIT2: latest Samsung 1462.1 firmware + Factory reset did nothing for me.

Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Well to be honest, the more people we can get on a single thread means this might get noticed and dealt with.

Even if they told us of a new firmware release date would be something!

firehouse12
Apprentice
Options

Good afternoon 

I have a 75 inch Samsung Q80T and the Samsung soundbar HW-Q70T.  I am not having any issues getting eARC to work. I actually have the Q symphony working (TV and soundbar) and the soundbar will show when it receives Dolby Atmos (examples, Xbox Series X, Disney app, netflix app) and for those i am not using Samsung's software but a 4k Firestick. 

What i noticed though, was the instructions to get all this to work, were not correct. You have to put the soundbar into DN mode (to even get eARC) in input manager HDMI 3 has to be turned on like you would for HDMI4 to get VRR at 4K @120. 

Also, i am not using their cord. I am using Zeskit certified HDMI 2.1 cord (i am doing this for my xbox series X also). I have not had any issues. 

Also, in advance sound (i think that the place, you have to turn pass through on , do not use AUTO) 

The beginning thread user has a 950TS, so what i stated may not apply. 

0 Likes
Micheal_Knight
Navigator
Options

Thanks for your input here.

I must have tried every single permutation of of those settings (which incidentally are the same on the Q950ts) but still I have issues.

my specific issue with ONLY eARC is the excessive pops and clicks when browsing Netflix movies and the Samsung TV stations. I promise you it’s horrific.

This clearly is an issue for so many people and needs addressing. 

firehouse12
Apprentice
Options

Will Samsung just give you another TV or at the least change out the board?  For what that TV costs, that is the least they can do.