Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Does my TV model QE55QN85BATXXH have TimeShift

(Topic created on: 22-03-2023 08:25 PM)
Lucian_C
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I have bought this model QE55QN85BATXXH and in its manual have some indications about TimeShift, but it mentions "for some regions only", and in my case I cannot find a way to use it.

So, is there a way to activate this function, or am I in the "wrong region", and in this case I have to return it?

Kind Regards,

Lucian

12 REPLIES 12
Solution
Egg1
Voyager
Options
Hope this helpsRecord&Timeshift_QE65QN91BATXXH.JPG_1000000182_1679428085.jpg
Lucian_C
Journeyman
Options

Hmmm, interesting. Is that information available publicly? If yes, could you, please, provide the link?

Because it's interesting that for couple of European countries is available and for others like Romania is not. So is not from the HDD, is just because I'm in the wrong European country, and it seems to me that Samsung is not "politically correct" 😉

In this case I will return the TV, but maybe the link will help me find out which model have TimeShift/PVR in Romania, before switching to another manufacturer. 😞

Egg1
Voyager
Options
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/qe65qn91batxxh-no-tv-recording-nor-time-shift-options/td-p/54...
I saw it there.
I believe the regions is a copyright thing more than political correctness.
Surely there must be a way to change the factory settings?
Egg1
Voyager
Options
Maybe something like this can be done?

https://youtu.be/yH9C-T897vM
0 Likes
Lucian_C
Journeyman
Options

Hi @Egg1 ,

And thank you for the info. Unfortunately I don't think is a copyright thing as Sony & LG deliver PVR & TimeShift devices in Romania. Is only Samsung that choose not to.

Unfortunately choosing another country is not an option, as the list to choose from is one of the "banned countries".

LE: I have tried that "change country trick", get all the countries, selected UK but still no TimeShift available - so it seems to be "firmware related".

So my only option now is to return Samsung TV (and the soundbar ordered at the same time) just to switch to another manufacturer. 🙁

Lucian_C
Journeyman
Options

@Egg1 

Because the trick you mention, will just set the "Internet Service Location" to another country, probably just to install some other apps depending on the location, I have dig more searching for activate TimeShift and I have found one more interesting menu: the engineering menu: (153) UNLOCK YOUR SMART TV SECRET MENU (TV Engineering Mode) - YouTube

The problem here is that is very risky to play with the settings, but one in particular draw me the attention: "com.samsung/featureconf/tv_model_type" that might do the "region switch" needed for TimeShift.

.20230324_151425.jpg

But the question is now - what could be the proper value and if it is safe to change it. 😁

Any idea on this?

0 Likes
honfika
Student
Options

I've successfully turned on the PVR/TimeShift on a QE55Q80BATXXH TV in the following way:
- Turn off the TV
- Use a remote control of an older Samsung TV or a generic remote controller or a mobile phone with IR. (I have AK59-00139A samsung remote control)
- Press the following buttons: Info, Menu, Mute, PowerON
- The TV turns on and the service menu is shown. (Option, Control, Debug, SVC, FMS, ADC/WB)
- Use the arrow buttons to select FMS, "Enter", select FMS again, "Enter"
- Factory App Menu is shown. Find the Option/MRT Option/com.samsung/featureconf/pvr.pvr_support to true.
- Turn off/on the device
- Connect an usb flash drive. (Not an external HDD, for some reason it does not work for me... but I'm still investigating the issue)

The region or other settings does not matter. I have PANEURO region.

BTW: before I bought the TV, I asked the "Samsung Expert - Live chat", and he said that if I select the country which is in the list in Egg1's response above, the PVR will work... (he sent exactly the same screenshot) funny, but it was not possible to select any country from that list. So the information which was provided by the "Samsung Expert" was not correct, do not trust them.

So the solution is changing only the pvr_support in the service menu to true.

Florin1st
First Poster
Options

It’s working! You are my hero! Thanks man! Q80C mine.

honfika
Student
Options

You're welcome. Just noticed that you have to turn it on again in the same way after a software update. (Or turn off the software update:))