Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does my TV have timeshift?

(Topic created on: 17-02-2023 04:13 PM)
Bill S
First Poster
Options

I've recently connected an OTA antenna to my QN50Q60TAFXZA Smart TV. If I also connect an external hard drive, will I be able to pause and rewind my live TV shows? I've read that "some Samsung Smart TV's" have the timeshift feature, but I can't find any reference to it in my e-Manual.

Assuming yes, I have some follow-up questions: (1) The remote control that came with the TV is the fancy one with a solar panel and very few buttons. Do I need to buy a universal remote to do the pausing and rewinding? (2) What kind of capacity should I look for in an external hard drive? Is 2 TB enough, or should I be looking for something larger?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Bill S  Yes this Tv does have Timeshift, though some Members reported  that the Tv guide could not be accessed when this was enabled.https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/time-shift-auto-start/td-p/5842155 

I know that a minimum  of 1.5 GB is required and flash drives are not supported. Advice is to use a hard disk supporting  at least USB 2.0  and 5,400 rpm.   The supplied Remote should be fine.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Bill S
First Poster
Options

Thanks. I was hoping that my TV has this capability.  And since it's less than 2 years old, it makes sense that it would. But the e-Manual doesn't mention it, and when I tried chatting with the bozos at Samsung support, they said definitely that my TV does not have timeshift. (I had to explain to them what it was, before they could answer :winking-face:

So, can I ask what makes you believe that it does? Is there some reference document or link?

0 Likes
Bill S
First Poster
Options

Additional information: Although there is no reference to timeshift in the Internet version of the E-manual, there is fairly extensive information about it in the E-manual app on the TV itself. And the article starts with a warning that this function is not available in the U.S.A!

So, I ask again, do you have any reference document or link, or do you have personal experience, that says the timeshift function should work on my TV? I decided to order a 500 Gb external hard drive, but I can return it without opening it, if I can't use it.

0 Likes