Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do all Samsung 2019 Smart TVs support Infrared Remotes?

(Topic created on: 12-01-2020 12:00 AM)
VasMan
First Poster
Options

Hi, I am planning to buy couple of Samsung 2019 series (e.g. UER7100 and Q60R or Q70R) Smart TVs. I understand the supplied Samsung remote controls the TV without infrared (i.e. BT or some other wireless standard) and is also a universal remote, however if I want to use my existing universal Logitech Harmony Infrared remote to control these TVs does the actual Samsung TV unit itself have an IR sensor and supports IR remotes? 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options
@VasMan: The user manual only references the One Remote as a universal option, I'm afraid, although if you have the My Harmony desktop software for PC or Mac then it may still be possible. For more information I recommend reaching out to Logitech, however in the meantime please check the link below for a guide on using the One Remote.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-do-i-use-my-samsung-oneremote-as-a-universal-r...
shawnie
First Poster
Options

Ive a samsung smart tv UAH6400 from 2014 with the bt egg shaped smart remote. i also use logitech harmony all in one remote sometimes to control my multi devices. Harmony works well too. 

0 Likes