Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Display Information Source inside Xbox one Doesent Work

(Topic created on: 08-11-2017 08:36 AM)
nikosaek2121
Apprentice
Options

Hello i have the Samsung Qled Q7c and i have connected my xbox one X. When im inside the xbox when i click the middle button or the (four color Button > information) it does nothing and dosent display the resolution My xbox or hdmi 1 is running, also going Home>Source>Xbox one Does nothing and dont displaying information's. i have the latest update 1147.1

My Full Model is QE55Q7CAM. And the software Version is T-KTMDEUC-1147.1, BT - S

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
nikosaek2121
Apprentice
Options

I found what cause it, still Samsung havent fixed it even with the latest firmware 1151. The only way to fix this is by removing the silver remote of the tv from controlling the xbox one to do that Press Home Button and go to Source/ Remote options(last option) / xbox one / Delete. You will miss the xbox one logo if you do that and the ability to controll your xbox one with the tv remote, but the source information can now be show on the screen, Hope Samsung Enginners fix this bug in the future 

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
MagicDara
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. There doesn't appear to be an answer anywhere on the net. Have you called samsung themselves? 

0 Likes
Solution
nikosaek2121
Apprentice
Options

I found what cause it, still Samsung havent fixed it even with the latest firmware 1151. The only way to fix this is by removing the silver remote of the tv from controlling the xbox one to do that Press Home Button and go to Source/ Remote options(last option) / xbox one / Delete. You will miss the xbox one logo if you do that and the ability to controll your xbox one with the tv remote, but the source information can now be show on the screen, Hope Samsung Enginners fix this bug in the future 

0 Likes
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

I guess this is because the remote switches over the buttons to act against the XBox and so the TV is no longer recognising those buttons as they've been re-purposed.

It would be handy if on changing sources the TV flashed up for a few seconds the input details, my last TV did this.

Regards

Phil

0 Likes
nikosaek2121
Apprentice
Options

Exacly that, i hope Samsung can sort this out in future update, we shall be able all of us to see xbox source information anytime we need.  There's Also a pretty big problem with red line's apearing on screen while on game mode, hope those problem can be fixed in the next firmware 

0 Likes
Biker_Dude
First Poster
Options

I found a way to get the logos to show up by editing the source name to exactly how it’s typed/displayed in upper case and lower case, as if it was using the Universal Remote! For example when my Xbox one was setup for Universal Remote, Samsung displays it like this XBOX One for the source name! By using your method to remove the Universal Remote we now have the source name as ‘Unknown’ so now press Home go to Source and edit the Unknown name to how it typed by Samsung to XBOX One then Add to Home and then you will have the xbox one logo back and still being able to press info to get the source information! Hope this helps and it wasn’t confusing! 

0 Likes