Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney plus app

(Topic created on: 12-11-2019 03:02 PM)
valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

Hi all,

Has Samsung put the new app on the smart tvs yet, because LG have. 

I know it's not in UK yet, but I have been told to change tv region and I be able to get it this way. 

Any help on this please  

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @valleyboy22 

The basic rule of thumb here is that, if the app does not show after doing a Smart Hub search of the TV, then the app is not yet available for your paticular model. Changing the region shouldn't make any difference.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

Brilliant thanks. I was told if change region then the app in that country would be available?  

0 Likes
_oSo_
Navigator
Options

I have the Disney app installed on my QLED Q90 tv and I am also using an HW Q90R soundbar. According to the movies details most movies stream in 4K ultra HD, HDR10, HDR, Dolby Vision/atmos (not supported by Samsung). I haven't found yet what video format I'm really streaming on my tv since the app doesn't provide the specific info for my device. Also not sure about audio quality (could be 5.1) but I'm sure it is not atmos as my soundbar doesn't register it as atmos when the video is streaming. It  Seems like the Disney app doesn't provide the info lime other apps do (Netflix and amazon video for example). The one thing I noticed is that the audio quality is bad. The voice volhme (dialogs) is very low while the background sounds and or music is very loud. There is no good balance between them. I have to constantly keep decreasing or increasing the volume depending on dialog being to low or background sound being too loud. Also there is a lag that is very evident to a point that it's annoying, the Audio lag can be adjusted on the tv settings but then it affect other apps that are not having issues. 
So far the Disney app needs a bit of work and Samsung and disney need to figure out a way to provide atmos sound quality via the app in a way that it's compatible with the Samsung devices. This is in part Samsung's fault since it's so resistant to embrace HDMI 2.1 specially in its higher tier TVs  and soundbars. No 2019 samsung tv or soundbar, not even their 8K tv or the Q90 QLED (their most expensive QLED tv) has HDMI 2.1, therefore can't handle true HD Atmos. Some apps like Netflix provide a loosless form of atmos and hopefully Disney will do this, it's not true hd atmos quality but it's still far better than the awful 5.1 that we are supposedly getting at this moment. 
So far this is my experience with the Disney app. I've been watching some of the marvel movies and Star Wars movies but not enjoying them as much as I would like to with the audio issues I'm experiencing. I will be probably cancelling the subscription after the trial period and only subscribe back once I get confirmation that those issues have been resolved. 

0 Likes