Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney+ on KS7000 - not in 4K

(Topic created on: 25-03-2020 10:52 AM)
Jimdriver2
Apprentice
Options

Installed the Disney+ app yesterday on my TV. It works fine in terms of playing content.

The issue is that all the films that are listed as being available in 4K are saying they are only in HDR10 HD for me, not 4K or Ultra HD or anything.

My set is a 4K one and Netflix and Amazon Prime work fine with 4K. I can't see any options in DIsney+ to ensure 4K is enabled, info online states everyone gets 4K as only as your device supports it.

I'd rather not have to buy a Roku or something else to get Disney+ in 4K but I can't find anything online suggesting any kind of update or fix is in the pipeline.

Anyone able to help or fill me in on something I've missed?

17 REPLIES 17
Jimdriver2
Apprentice
Options

I'm not convinced. Calibration should make some difference but HDR, if a TV supports it and is sold on that basis, needs to look decent without a load of config that only a limited number of users would know how to do. I think different TV's implement it better than others. Oh and The Mandalorian definitely has HDR issues: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/11/disneys-the-mandalorian-joins-a-long-list-of-fake-hdr-conten...

Disney+ is doing funny things though. It claims I'm getting an Atmos sound signal but my amp doesn't identify it as getting discreet height speaker signals. 

Basically the streamers are using the pandemic as a basis to reduce quality (and save money via bandwidth) in ways that only techies are noticing.

0 Likes
Rupz007
Student
Options

Hi all,

It appears due to the recent Pandemic for COViD19, all Disney UK streams will downgrade the bandwitdh during this time. It is therefore possible that your set supports the 4k Ultra HD/ HDR 10/5.1 Dolby but at the moment the max you can get is HD (or even SD).

See this article: https://www.capacitymedia.com/articles/3825162/disney-launches-in-europe-with-25-bandwidth-reduction...

BTW I own the Samsung KS9000 TV

Thanks 

Generalapathy
Journeyman
Options
Just an update on the xbox one x situation. Receiving hd only was down to a setting on the tv set incorrectly it now says 4k uhd hdr10 on the xbox one x app. Still only hd on ks7000 and hdr 10 still hasn't returned. Neither samsung or Disney can provide a reason why this the case both blaming each other
Test_auditor
Journeyman
Options

Hello 

I Know this thread is about 4K issue for Disney+

But if you already had the latest firmware 1242 on their KS tv please take a look on this, because in  fact there exists  a much worse issue and bad behaviour from Samsung. Give your feedback please.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/65KS9500-New-Firmware-1242/td-p/1589893/jump-to/first-unread-...

Runuova
First Poster
Options

Thanks for posting this because I've recently lost my ability to watch anything on Disney+ from my Samsung tv app since the quarantine.   Something definitely is up!

0 Likes
hbkonline
First Poster
Options

Hi, would you mind just letting me know what settings you chose to get it working on 4K UHD for it to work on the Xbox one x app? I’m having the same issue. Though mine works via my smart TV app, it shows and plays UHD for the appropriate tv show / movie but when using app on my Xbox one x it doesn’t list in UHD, only HD. On the settings it down for automatic but says up to HD. Very odd.

0 Likes
Generalapathy
Journeyman
Options
hi. have you switched on HDMI UHD colour setting which is in the picture settings for the corresponding HDMI port that the Xbox one x is connected to the TV with? this was the issue I had.
0 Likes
Generalapathy
Journeyman
Options
Update 1 year on and disney and samsung have rectified the problems with the 4k issue on ks7000 and I'm happy to say that I opened the app this evening and we have 4k hdr10
0 Likes