Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney+ issue

(Topic created on: 25-01-2022 03:46 PM)
AndyVenables
First Poster
Options

My TV has developed a connectivity problem when watching Disney+, almost like it needs to buffer before it can continue. 

The screen goes black and I get the message "No Internet Connection. Please Check your internet connection. We will automatically reload the screen once a connection is established." This usually lasts between 5 and 10 seconds before resuming playing the video.

I've tried reinstalling the app on the TV and resetting my network settings with no success.

All other apps on the TV appear to be fine so I've ruled out a wifi issue, and Disney+ works fine on all my other devices. Does anybody have any ideas what the problem could be?

#disney+ #qn90aa

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Beth_S
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @AndyVenables! Have you tried running a connection test? Go to Settings > General > Network > Network Status. 

0 Likes
AndyVenables
First Poster
Options

Hi @Beth_S 

Yep I have and it says everything is working fine! I've also checked my broadband speed in case it was a genuine quality / buffer issue but I'm achieving download speeds of over 100mb/s at peak evening times so this isn't an issue.

Do you think it may be a faulty unit? I bought the TV in November 2021 and it's been fine until earlier this month. 

0 Likes
Beth_S
Pathfinder
Options

That's odd! Try deleting the app and then reinstalling it and see if that does anything.

Also, you may want to check that the software on your TV is up to date by going to Settings > Support > Software update > Update now.

0 Likes
AndyVenables
First Poster
Options

I can't delete the app because it's part of the basic set of apps (whatever that means) but I've tried reinstalling it and it hasn't resolved the issue. 

I've also checked the software on my TV and it's up to date.

Any other suggestions? Am I better booking a video call to show somebody the problem as it happens?

0 Likes
AndyVenables
First Poster
Options

Hi @Beth_S 

I've tried looking into this further and, when the problem occurs, it looks like the wifi temporarily disconnects and the smart hub won't connect, showing error code 107.

I don't understand why this happens though because the error doesn't occur when I'm using any other app (e.g. watching Netflix or Amazon Prime) and it isn't an issue with my ISP.

Do you know what could solve the problem? Could somebody remotely access the TV to look into the settings?

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey @AndyVenables 

We do have a team who can remotely access your TV. To get in touch with them, please give our Mobile Team a call on 0333 000 0333 and ask for them to arrange for a colleague to remotely access your TV.

0 Likes
Davies_1980
Apprentice
Options

Hi Andy

im getting the same on my Samsung 65 qled Neo. Just with Disney. It says no internet after about 30 mins. Internet is fine on everything else.

did you ever solve it?

0 Likes
AndyVenables
First Poster
Options

Hi @Davies_1980 

Nope not resolved yet. I've spoken to the tech support team and I'm told that it's an issue with the latest software update on the TV affecting various NeoQLED models and the only resolution is to wait for the latest software update when it's available.

I asked whether they could remotely revert my TV to an older version of the software in the meantime and was told this isn't possible, which is frustrating, and to just wait for the latest software fix.

Have you had any luck resolving your issue with other methods?

0 Likes
Davies_1980
Apprentice
Options

Hi Andy

I cleared the cache through the tv menu so we will see how that goes.

I am a little fed up now with the constant issues and keep being asked to wait for the new firmware.

the main issues are clearly with the onebox and hdmi ports that they still can’t get right. The non onebox models don’t have any blackout issues, which is a separate yet common issue. The new one is the tv not recognising other hdmi sources after being locked in to one for an hour plus, for example being on my PS5. Going to back to another says source can not be recognised, until I turn  the tv on standby/off and back on again. 

so frustrated that Samsung have not made sure that this is fit for purpose prior to releasing. I say that as an avid Samsung fan!

0 Likes