Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney + HDR content is so dark on my 55" Q950R

(Topic created on: 19-02-2021 03:37 PM)
MrVestax
Student
Options
So I've been watching all the marvel films and I've notice a slightly darker picture on the Disney+ app on my TV, I've also checked on my Xbox Series X Disney+ app it wasn't an issue until I watched black panther which I had to squint at most of the time and now I'm watching doctor strange I can't even see his car at the start or him driving it, I can hear it crash but again can't see it. I've got no issues with HDR content on Netflix, Amazon prime or Sky TV I'm only getting darker images from Disney+ Any advice other than to turn 4k off? I didn't spend all this money on a TV and a subscription to watch things in HD or SD. 
3 REPLIES 3
ChetS
Explorer
Options
Have you tried Disney+ via the Sky Q box or Firestick 4k? Try the same movie on these to determine if ok or not. if ok then TV setting for the app will need checking.
0 Likes
MrVestax
Student
Options
I just tried it on Sky Q and it's exactly the same as the TV app and Xbox Series X app
0 Likes
ChetS
Explorer
Options
Just did general search and it seems common problem with Disney+ on HDR TV. Only real solution is to watch in less resolution which is not really ideal when you have a HDR tv.