Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Disney + Having to uninstall then re-install the app on the TV each time I want to use it.

(Topic created on: 21-09-2021 10:20 PM)
33ejb
Apprentice
Options

I've been happily using the Disney+ app on my Samsung TV for the last year without issue.  Over the last month or so though I've found that i have to uninstall then reinstall the app on the TV when i want to use it, otherwise i just get a blue screen, app doesn't even get as far as the Disney+ screen as it's meant to start up.  I uninstall, then re-install through myapps and hey presto it works again (once I re-register the TV with Disney+).  Don't even need to power off the TV - it's just the pain of going throught the install/registration steps each time that is annoying.  

I've tried re-installing the HUB, power off/reset to default of the TV etc. etc.  Nothing makes a difference, only thing that works is deleting the app and re-installing each time i want to use it.  Is this a known problem?  It seems strange that it's just started to happen given I've had no problems previously with the app on this TV.  Btw, my Disney+ account works fine on a newer Samsung TV in another room and via a PS4, mobile phone, laptop etc. etc.  Just this one TV is the problem. 

Samsung TV is 2016 (UE49KU6670) running Tizen 2.4.0 - T-JZMDEUC-1243.2.  Disney+ is running '1.7.3+thanos.05'.

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20
DannyT
Options

There sure is. Head to Settings > Support > About my TV. 

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Khybersghost
First Poster
Options

Thanks. That's where I looked previously. That option isn't present on my menu. 

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

The place where you viewed the software version, are you able to view the model number too? If so, could you please provide me with this?

0 Likes
Khybersghost
First Poster
Options

20210817_143622.jpg

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

If you scroll down to 'Contact Samsung', you'll be able to view the information here.

0 Likes
Khybersghost
First Poster
Options

Thanks, found it. 

TV is UN60KS8000

Soft Ver. T-JZMAKUC-1243.2, BT-S

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Cheers for that. I've just checked the details and it doesn't seem to be a UK model, but it does seem to be running on the latest software. Could you confirm where you purchased this from?

0 Likes
Members_BBYzCRa
First Poster
Options

Hi, I'm reigniting this thread as it is the only pages I can find where my situation has been explained already. I am having this issue and only in the last week. I have reset the smart hub, reinstalled the app several times, but the following day after the tv has been turned off - same issue, blue screen of death. Deleting and reinstalling does work but it's a workaround and not great. 

My model number is UE49KU6470, Software T-JZMDEUC-1243.2

I've looked and no software update is available. I guess having reinstalled the disney app this will be the latest version and no updates seem available, I can't find anywhere to clear the cache. So I'm at a loss and would appreciate some help. It's was purchased in the UK (Curry's I think). 

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey @Members_BBYzCRa 

Are you experiencing any issues with other apps, or when connecting to the internet after switching the TV back on?

0 Likes
Members_BBYzCRa
First Poster
Options

No, I don't really use any other apps, but Netflix takes me through to the login page and the new TV plus service works OK. Thinking I need to factory reset the telly. 

0 Likes