Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Disney + Having to uninstall then re-install the app on the TV each time I want to use it.

(Topic created on: 16-08-2021 07:05 PM)
33ejb
Apprentice
Options

I've been happily using the Disney+ app on my Samsung TV for the last year without issue.  Over the last month or so though I've found that i have to uninstall then reinstall the app on the TV when i want to use it, otherwise i just get a blue screen, app doesn't even get as far as the Disney+ screen as it's meant to start up.  I uninstall, then re-install through myapps and hey presto it works again (once I re-register the TV with Disney+).  Don't even need to power off the TV - it's just the pain of going throught the install/registration steps each time that is annoying.  

I've tried re-installing the HUB, power off/reset to default of the TV etc. etc.  Nothing makes a difference, only thing that works is deleting the app and re-installing each time i want to use it.  Is this a known problem?  It seems strange that it's just started to happen given I've had no problems previously with the app on this TV.  Btw, my Disney+ account works fine on a newer Samsung TV in another room and via a PS4, mobile phone, laptop etc. etc.  Just this one TV is the problem. 

Samsung TV is 2016 (UE49KU6670) running Tizen 2.4.0 - T-JZMDEUC-1243.2.  Disney+ is running '1.7.3+thanos.05'.

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
Solution
KholaI
Options

Hey there @33ejb 

Could you try resetting the Smart Hub, as this tends to fix a lot of issues related to third-party apps? You can do this by heading into Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset Smart Hub. 

33ejb
Apprentice
Options

I'll try that although I'm sure i've done it at least once in the last month of troubleshooting.  Isn't that just forcing the re-install of the app anyway?  I thought it might be some form of cache issue from the previous app session but i can't find any sort of option to clear it in the menu system.  As i say i'll give the reset a go. 

0 Likes
33ejb
Apprentice
Options

Just wanted to check back in, after 5 or 6 days since reseting the HUB haven't had any further problems.  Thanks for the solution!

Burns79
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue that you had with Disney Plus.  I've reset the HUB and the issue popped up again after a few days.  I am hoping someone has some other ideas to try.

0 Likes
Khybersghost
First Poster
Options

Reviving this thread 😕 Exact same issue for me as well. Samsung TV, Disney plus app only. I first reset the smart hub after searching the internet for some solutions which worked for only one login/use. Since then I've found it easier to uninstall/reinstall than to reset the smart hub entirely, but it's very annoying. Any other solutions?

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Are you only experiencing an issue with the Disney+ app?

0 Likes
Khybersghost
First Poster
Options

Yes

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Which TV are you using? Is it running on the latest software? If you're unsure, you can cross check the software version on your TV with the software version available online by clicking on the following link: 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-do-i-update-the-software-on-my-samsung-smart-t...

0 Likes
Khybersghost
First Poster
Options

I can't recall the model and unmounting it is going to be a chore. >.< Is there a place in the menu options that tells me? Iirc it's a 2016 QLED TV, software version in menu just says 1243

0 Likes