Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Disney+ Error 1016 (Model UE40)

(Topic created on: 30-05-2020 08:19 AM)
Leon24
Apprentice
Options

Good morning,

We have had Disney+ installed on the TV for about six weeks now and has been working fine. Unfortunately when trying to access it today I get an error code 1016-app_config_failure

I have switched off the power to the TV and chosen reinstall from the apps menu, but the error still occurs. There is no option to delete from the menu as it says that "The basis set of apps on your device cannot be deleted ". 

I can access Disney+ from the firestick in a different room, so there is no problem with there. 

Please help as the children are used to watching films on the tv. 

Thank you. 

Go to solution
44 REPLIES 44
Hammer1
First Poster
Options

I too have this annoying code, worked fine last night 

Cassini
First Poster
Options

I also have the same problem - DNS set to 8.8.8.8 and resetting the Smart hub which is the only way to get rid of the app does not work. Hope

there is a solution soon!

0 Likes
StefUK
Apprentice
Options

Does it work for you now, with the DNS reset to 8.8.8.8?

Mine didn't connect to the router like that.

Are you based in the UK?

Thanks

0 Likes
Leon24
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for responding, hopefully a resolution will be found. 

The US forum seems to show the same issues there (plus some other countries too). 

0 Likes
Cassini
First Poster
Options

Hiya, yes based in the U.K., no it didn't make a difference 

0 Likes
Tank2
First Poster
Options

Just given up on 2 and a half hours of online chat and calls with Samsung and Disney blaming each other. 

samsung stared getting moody with me which was last straw " cant be us we've tried everything" ended call. 

dusney calling me back tomorrow. Requested refund. 

as always seems Samsung couldn't care less attitude for customer support strengthens my NEVER BUYING SAMSUNG AGAIN stance.

what a waste of a day.... they even admitted they are having multiple calls about this but got annoyed at me suggesting they need to speak with each other rather than blaming each other! 

it's all over US forums. 

Nxt
First Poster
Options
I'm in the US and have the same issue with my 8000 series
HenrikB05
First Poster
Options

Same issue in Germany. Disney+ just told me, that Samsung will update its SmartHub soon to fix the issue.

Leon24
Apprentice
Options

That's promising news!

Danke!

0 Likes
Gorlando
First Poster
Options

https://wikifixes.com/errors/0x/Error%201016/#contents-1

"Error 1016" is the error name that contains the details of the error, including why it occurred, which system component or application malfunctioned to cause this error along with some other information. The numerical code in the error name contains data that can be deciphered by the manufacturer of the component or application that malfunctioned. The error using this code may occur in many different locations within the system, so even though it carries some details in its name, it is still difficult for a user to pinpoint and fix the error cause without specific technical knowledge or appropriate software.

0 Likes