Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Disney+ Error 1016 (Model UE40)

(Topic created on: 31-05-2020 12:47 AM)
Leon24
Apprentice
Options

Good morning,

We have had Disney+ installed on the TV for about six weeks now and has been working fine. Unfortunately when trying to access it today I get an error code 1016-app_config_failure

I have switched off the power to the TV and chosen reinstall from the apps menu, but the error still occurs. There is no option to delete from the menu as it says that "The basis set of apps on your device cannot be deleted ". 

I can access Disney+ from the firestick in a different room, so there is no problem with there. 

Please help as the children are used to watching films on the tv. 

Thank you. 

44 REPLIES 44
hofi
First Poster
Options

Same issue in Switzerland

Nicola842
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same error . Have spoken with support on disney + app and removed and reinstalled the app also changed the DNS numbers and turned the tv on and off nothing worked. Disney response was nothing further they could do as Samsung issue and to contact them. Hopefully can be resolved quickly!

0 Likes
Gorlando
First Poster
Options

https://www.lifewire.com/update-samsung-smart-tv-4172014
Per risolvere il problema forse aggiornare la tv via USB forse potrebbe risolvere il problema

0 Likes
Chris19841
Apprentice
Options

Had samsung remotely connected to my tv earlier, thwy tried everything possible to get the app working again. Nothing will cure this app if you have the 1016 error code. This is a Samsung fault i hope they fix soon!! 

JT1976
First Poster
Options

It is really bad service and I have children in lots of tears tonight.  When will this be fixed?

0 Likes
Chris19841
Apprentice
Options

I doubt it will be anytime soon unfortunately 

0 Likes
MaireUi
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem and after researching I find that it's a Samsung issue.  When will it be fixed?

0 Likes
Pat1972
First Poster
Options

Facing same issue... smart hub reset without success

0 Likes
Ben-jamino
First Poster
Options

Hi Folks. Same error message here in the UK on my 7000 series.

App worked fine earlier this week.

If I look at the App version history, it tells me samsung updated the app earlier this week.

It suspect (but cannot prove) tell that Samsung has updated the app and let a bug slip through.

Disney+ works fine on my Amazon Firestick and Samsung mobile phone.  So it's clearly a Samsung issue.

@Samsung Support: grateful if you can provide an ETA for the bug fix: based on postings in this forum, it appears the app (which has been the fastest / best selling streaming service this year, used by kids and adults en masse during the Covid-19 situation) no longer works on many (all?) Samsung TVs.  That's a bit of a sorry headline.

I suspect the wider media industry will take interest in this shortly, if not already.

Kind Regards,

Kirby3103
First Poster
Options

At least they have acknowledged the error in screen now. This is not the first app that has worked poorly or crashes.  Is the OS any better on other makes of TV

0 Likes