Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Disney+ Error 1016 (Model UE40)

(Topic created on: 30-05-2020 09:27 AM)
Leon24
Apprentice
Options

Good morning,

We have had Disney+ installed on the TV for about six weeks now and has been working fine. Unfortunately when trying to access it today I get an error code 1016-app_config_failure

I have switched off the power to the TV and chosen reinstall from the apps menu, but the error still occurs. There is no option to delete from the menu as it says that "The basis set of apps on your device cannot be deleted ". 

I can access Disney+ from the firestick in a different room, so there is no problem with there. 

Please help as the children are used to watching films on the tv. 

Thank you. 

44 REPLIES 44
Tarsh_schwartz
First Poster
Options

We are also having the same problem and it seems a lot of people are hopefully they will fix it soon! 

Reece2
First Poster
Options

This has happened to me also this morning. Worked fine last night, looking at the US forum they are also experiencing the same thing. Seems it's a software update from samsung that's not compatible with the Disney app. People have had replies from Disney that they don't know when they will be able to fix. Work around is to install on firestick. Pretty annoying and bad service to brick the biggest App going

Leon24
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your reply. Hopefully it will get sorted soon, as I can't see my patience lasting if I have to swap the firestick out between TVs 😀

john_smith_70
First Poster
Options

Same issue here.  Complete reset of the Smart Hub didn't solve the problem.  Looks like it's a universal problem with a lot of Samsung TVs since the 29th May.

gsur89
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Was working fine last night and now this morning it's stopped working. Very frustrating.

DWL1
Apprentice
Options

Exactly the same problem here. Samsung web chat has been unsuccessful with their recommendations: power cycle, reset hub, DNS to 8.8.8.8 

They have escalated and given me a case number.  Disney have suggested uninstalled and reinstalling app, but this doesn't seem possible on TV. 

StefUK
Apprentice
Options
Same issue here since this morning. Disney plus tried but couldn't fix the issue and said to contact Samsung. I haven't as there was a long queue on the phone. It's so annoying to he hones as now my daughter is watching on her tablet.
Mikeysymz
First Poster
Options

Just a quick fix for error 1016 for those of you that have Sky Q, you can use Disney + from the App section or use Smart veiw on your Mobile phone to cast Disney + to your TV until Samsung & Disney pull their fingers out of their a***s.

0 Likes
swright13
First Poster
Options

Same here. Looks like Disney+ is broken for all Samsung smart TVs after this update. 

0 Likes