Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney + app not available on UE43RU7400

(Topic created on: 08-04-2020 08:16 AM)
Kerwin
First Poster
Options

I can't seem to find the Disney + app on my UE43RU7400 TV. It only has the Disney Life app. 

Will the app be available before the service launches? I would like to take advantage of the pre launch offer, if I knew the app was coming soon. 

11 REPLIES 11
AndrewL
Options
@Kerwin: It is likely that the app will be available at the launch of the service on the 24th March, therefore I'd advise checking the App store on that date.
Ian228
Student
Options

Did you get any confirmation from Samsung, I am in the same boat, have an UE43RU7020, UE65RU7400 and a UE50NU7400 in our household all bought within the last 12 months and none of which currently has the Disney app..

AndrewL
Options

@Ian228: It will be available on TVs manufactured in 2016 or later (K ,M, N, R & T Range). The app is likely to be absent from the store due to the fact that the service doesn't launch until the 24th.

0 Likes
Ian228
Student
Options

Thanks, its a bit of a leap of faith that you need to sign up to Disney before 23rd.. with App not yet on the TV. It looks like you can cancel the Disney within 14 days if you have not accessed any content whatsoever. So I think its worth the gamble.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes Disney Plus will be available on Tvs from 2016 onwards,  whilst not confirmed may well be technical limitations on older devices.

https://news.samsung.com/uk/disney-confirmed-to-launch-on-samsung-smart-tvs 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

DukeofWollaston
First Poster
Options

Dood! I've got the same tele, was seeing same as you, got up this morning and checked again and there it is! Available in Apps! Happy days! Give it a go bud :smiling-face:

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Sharing some tips/info for you all:

• App should be available on 2016 (K-series) models onwards.
  • If the app doesn’t appear, then try Apps > Search/Recommended.
  • Disney+ isn’t automatically added to the Home bar, so to do so: highlight the Disney+ app > [curser up]> Add to Home > place the Disney+ tile in your desired position.
  • It’s not possible to create an account from within the app, so it’s best to go to https://www.disneyplus.com/en-gb/sign-up on a PC/tablet/smartphone and do it from there.
Kcmorgan
First Poster
Options

Will appletv be available on tube 2017 Samsung smart tv models in the future?

0 Likes
Babypuppy1966
First Poster
Options

I have a similair problem, I have a UE48H6240, I have gone through the apps available and the Disney+ does not show up, I cant find Apps>search/recommended, would you know how to find it on my tv, I am not very technical so please if you know step by step may help, Thank you 

0 Likes