Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney app issue

(Topic created on: 06-08-2023 07:05 AM)
JV2023
First Poster
Options

I have a problem with the Disney plus app on my samsung TV not playing but the app works on all other devices.

It's on a series 6 curved tv and I've reinstalled app, reset smart hub, switched off and unplugged, nothing works.

It opens the app but when you choose play it just circles.

I've searched old questions but can't see a solution.  There is mention of clearing the cache but there's no option for that on this tv. Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@JV2023: Please can you confirm the model number of your TV, located on the sticker on the back of the device, or in Settings > Support > About This TV? In the meantime, please try pressing and holding the power button on the remote until the TV restarts, or unplug it at the wall for 30 seconds, then plug it back in and power on using the remote. I also recommend resetting your home router to address any potential network issues. 

If the problem persists, please try accessing another web based application on the TV, or another streaming service, as a further means of verifying if the issue is network related, or app related.

JV2023
First Poster
Options

Hi, the model number is ue49ku6670uxxu.

I've already unplugged it and reset the router and all other apps work OK. If I press and hold the power button nothing happens it doesn't do anything other than turn the TV on or off and I've held it down for a while. Thanks

0 Likes
Mihauuuuu
Journeyman
Options

I have similar issue on UE49KS7000. D+ app is the most recent available (23.12.0 from 2023/08/21). The only way of making D+ work is to reset the TV to factory defaults or just the Smart Hub reset (about SH reset I found out just today). After the reset I can play D+ but just until closing D+ app or switching the TV off. D+ does not give any error message, all other devices within my home network are working without any issues.

0 Likes
Mihauuuuu
Journeyman
Options

In my case, as well as in other cases - it literally fixed itself after 3 weeks.

0 Likes
Members_333kSSV
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on UE55KS7000U.

Have reset everything multiple times....same as above, resetting Smart Hub gets it working again, sometimes for a few days or can be when you turn off app or TV, then doesn't load back again until you reset everything again. Super frustrating with kids in the house and paying 199eu for Disney and it not working! All my efforts with Disney Tech Support Service have said its a TV/Network issue. Have had network checked and all working full power. ALL other apps work without any problems!! Please help

0 Likes