Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Disappointing Warranty Service

(Topic created on: 15-10-2023 04:55 PM)
Indycar22
First Poster
Options

I have a less than year old Samsung UN43CU8000F TV that all of a sudden lost picture and sound. The screen just went black. I moved from Florida to Ohio and contacted Samsung for Warranty service. The technician came to my house, removed the back and at that point a couple of bugs came out, probably from the tv being stored in my garage for two weeks during the move. The tech said the screen and power supply board would have to be replaced but he would have to contact his supervisor because of the bugs. There are no more bugs in the unit. His supervisor said they would not cover the repairs, or honor the warranty. The technician never touched the TV other than to take the back off. He never tested anything. I contacted customer service and after being placed on hold and transferred several times, the answer was the same. SAMSUNG WILL NOT AND DOES NOT HONOR THEIR WARRANTY.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Piper123
Black Belt 
Options
Hi there

Just to point out, this is the UK forum.

You'll need to pop across to the US forum for support from the community as your laws differ from the UK.
0 Likes
Indycar22
First Poster
Options

How do I ID the US forum?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Indycar22: Did the engineer that inspected your TV deem the issue to be the result of the insects that had found their way into the back panel? Our warranty covers software and hardware defects, but not instances of physical damage, liquid damage or unauthorised modifications. While I can't be certain, if the insects were indeed responsible for the fault, then this could be classed as accidental damage, which would not be covered by the standard warranty, therefore any repairs in this instance would be chargeable. What I would suggest is getting in touch with the relevant Support Team in your region, as they are best placed to clarify this for you, and provide further assistance. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Indycar22
First Poster
Options

That would be wonderful if he was an engineer. He wasn’t but I am and have been for over 40 years. The bug may have hitched a ride from Florida to Ohio, I don’t know. I do know your parts swapper/technician put in minimal effort and left us with a tv that should have been repaired but wasn’t. Tell me, how do I kick this up the chain to someone who can decide to make good on the warranty?

0 Likes