Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Disable Wireless & Bluetooth

(Topic created on: 07-08-2018 11:08 PM)
t1ck3ts
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Just bought a new T.V, and im pretty shocked at the rubish options menu, stupid me for not doing enough homework before buying the T.V, so this is on me. :thinking-face:

TV Model #: UE55MU6015

I NEED to disable Wireless and Bluetooth access to my T.V, i dont use it, so there is no need for them to be running.
To make matters even worse, i have roughly 13-27 notifications of devices trying to connect to my T.V via Wireless and Bluetooth, on a daily bases, none of which, can be turned off in the menu's

So before i pack this T.V back in its box and get my refund, is there any why for me to turn these services off?

Go to solution
40 REPLIES 40
Simpao
Explorer
Options

This morning I received remote assistance from a Samsung technician. At my request to turn off the BT he performed the intervention and told me that he had solved it. I checked and the BT signal was still present, so the technician explained to me that he had only turned off the BT notifications, but that the signal could not be turned off. It is absurd that I cannot turn off the BT signal that I don't use. I would like an answer and a solution from Samsung because I find this unacceptable (among other things, before the purchase, a Samsung sales representative had confirmed this possibility to me).

0 Likes
Simpao
Explorer
Options

Errata corrige:
I have the same problem after turning off BT support (on model Qe55q70): the TV restarts every 2,5 minutes and the remote control (IR) works.
The BT signal is actually turned off (after selecting "BT support: OFF" from the Service menu, it was necessary to turn off the TV to complete the operation).

Now we need to find the other options to set in order to eliminate the restart of the TV. No idea?

0 Likes
TechLounge
First Poster
Options

Best Router Under 100

Demand for better Wi-Fi in your house will keep growing as long as internet-milking devices increase or upgrade, and are supported by a router that shortchanges you. Before you toss the current culprit into the bin or try shredding it out of anger, realize that a router makeover must a well-informed decision. Yes, you need a faithful router; one that meets all of your internet cravings and then more, but the best Cheap wireless router does not have to cost more than 100 bucks.

0 Likes
AntiBullSit
First Poster
Options

The problem is that real solution was to buy TV of none Samsung brand, because it's so annoying to look out for "solution" of unnecessary harmful RF working 24/7 just because developers decided so. You have to change here for to the real solution link instead of dummy solution-to call for Samsung support technician as it's assigned atm... Samsung support technician can't help to anybody, because they just haven't any solution. The fastest real solution for most people probably is to buy TV from another TV brand!!! But I've found the solution for my Smart TV for model UE43TU8500U:
For this solution I've used Galaxy 6S with integrated Infrared for installing app "TV Remote Control for Samsung (IR - infrared)"
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ir.tv.remote.control.samcontrol&hl=en&gl=US
This app allows to use buttons: Info+Menu+Mute+PW in purpose to enter hidden advanced menu and to change Networking to "Wired". Thanks to this video on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmcttZoI0fU&ab_channel=iTechnologyReviews
I don't know if this does suit any Samsung smart TV, but for mine UE43TU8500U model it worked out.

0 Likes
Sorin 1965
First Poster
Options

Did you have a tester for electromagnetic radiation ?

I suspect not, because with a tester you could see that radiation is still coming from tv.

The only solution that I finded is to surround the emitter with 3 layers of antiradiation foil from Y-Shield, each layer is reducing radiation by a factor of 100. From 100 mw - 1mw -10uw - 0.1 uw. The emitter is in the power button housing, where is the Samsung logo. The foil permits infrared ligh to pass, so remote is working normally.

Even if you turn off wi-fi and bluetooth and always on in service menu, when the tv is off it starts to emit with about 30 mw. I have Samsung Q60T, so very similar to TU8500 or Q70T.

0 Likes
tpalm
First Poster
Options

You are correct.  I was able to get my Samsung to not emit anything while turned on (numerous changes in the service menu - some not very intuitive) but when turned off the emissions come to life (EMF meter demonstrates this clearly).  My solution was a $6 lighted inline switch from Home Depot on the power cord for the TV.  I have it tucked behind my Sonos Playbar.  All my Sonos devices are wired vs wifi but alas all new gen Sonos have taken a page from Samsung and use BLE that cannot be swi

0 Likes
john brad
First Poster
Options

Hi hopefully you managed to fix your issue, if not i can suggest some tips:

Update your software, update android app store.

Most of the devices has a older version of softwares and can cause trouble when you use them.. 

regards,

bestchairsreviews.com

0 Likes
Cedric78120
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I just bought a NEO QLED 50QN90A 2021, SERIE 9 TV and the TV even in sleep mode, sends BT radiations (2 v/m).

I can use the TV with an Universal IR TV remote control and I have found a way to enter the hidden menu but did not change options at the moment.

Have you found a way to turn off the BT and avoid the restart problem ?

0 Likes
micha3l
First Poster
Options

Just returned 43'' M7 Smart Monitor because of this issue.

Mohdnova
First Poster
Options

Annoying connection request for my M5. Hidden menu? ...any link would be nice.

0 Likes