Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Disable Wireless & Bluetooth

(Topic created on: 13-05-2019 06:15 PM)
t1ck3ts
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Just bought a new T.V, and im pretty shocked at the rubish options menu, stupid me for not doing enough homework before buying the T.V, so this is on me. :thinking-face:

TV Model #: UE55MU6015

I NEED to disable Wireless and Bluetooth access to my T.V, i dont use it, so there is no need for them to be running.
To make matters even worse, i have roughly 13-27 notifications of devices trying to connect to my T.V via Wireless and Bluetooth, on a daily bases, none of which, can be turned off in the menu's

So before i pack this T.V back in its box and get my refund, is there any why for me to turn these services off?

40 REPLIES 40
Cheltspy
First Poster
Options

This is really bad not to have the option in menu to disable it.

I live in appartment block and keep getting pop up messages from mobile user trying to log on.

We need the firmware update now, but I feel like reuturning the TV as not fit for purpose and a network security hazard.

Why can't discovery only be for 3 minutes like on other devices?

I don't want to disable it permanently as I use both,  only for any rouge new devices!!!

pauledd
Journeyman
Options

Another vote here for a firmware update!

Dear Samsung Dev's,

I dont use wifi/bluetooth either. Huh Samsung unbelievable isn't it? There are users who dont use Network/Wireless on your tv's...

Please stop patronizing us (your consumers) by not implementing or hiding important options in your firmware.

Every Smartphone, PC, Notebook,Car gives the enduser the possibility to disable wireless devices... exept you!

I had 4 bluetooth authorization requests just this week on my NU8009, this is annoying! Do you think your endusers are that stupid and are not able to handle an option "disable wireless" / "disable bluetooth"? Is this some kind of "hide as much functionality as possible to the users because there are some very dull ones" guidline? Or is there another reason hiding it from us?

PS. And no, I dont want you to have send out an "engineer" to me, just do it in FW and you can save money

MarcoIT
Apprentice
Options

Different Samsung SmartTV but same problem.

My smartv model is: QE65Q6FNATXZT

I don't use WiFi & Bluetooth since I prefer a wired internet connection, but also if I set the connection to "cable" Wifi still works. Who should I call from Italy to solve the problem?

0 Likes
ncri
Explorer
Options

You can disable WIFI and Bluetooth with a universal remote. There are instructions on Youtube about it. Worked fine for me. Samsung support staff had no clue what to do.

0 Likes
MarcoIT
Apprentice
Options

Thanks ncri, but I would like to be driven remotely by official Samsung assistance, my smart tv is brand new and the Italian assistance says that modifying that menu options by myself would compromise the warrantee:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Smart-TV/Disabilitare-connessioni-wireless-su-QE65Q6FNATXZT/m-p/...

Not being able to disconnect wireless connection of MY Smart TV due to the classical way stonewalling, which I would find unacceptable.

0 Likes
ncri
Explorer
Options
Ah, well, you can easily reset the option in case of warranty issues. I doubt they will see it. Unless they store some sort of internal log for settings changes. So there is a slight risk yes.
0 Likes
MarcoIT
Apprentice
Options

In the absence of a satisfactory response from the Italian assistance, I would respectfully request DannyT the same assistance given to t1ck3ts 

0 Likes
pauledd
Journeyman
Options
One reason they dont want to disable bluetooth might be the smart remote... please correct me if I am wrong. But it looks to me as if the "smart remote" only sends signal via some kind of bluetooth protocol because I where not able to spot any IR diodes and it needs to "pair" to the tv. So if you disable bluetooth your "smart remote" might be absolutely useless then. My guess is there where to lazy to implement some kind of split the bluetooth non-remote-control peripherals command stack from the bluetooth remote-control command stack , or it was simply not possible by the bt-hardware they used in the tv's.
0 Likes
ncri
Explorer
Options
Yes, you do need to use a different remote after disabling bluetooth. I use a standard universal remote. The same I also used to enter the service menu to turn off WIFI and bluetooth. I'm fine with that, it works quite well. Some buttons of the smart remote still work as far as I remember, but yes, overall it is rather useless without bluetooth.
MarcoIT
Apprentice
Options

@pauledd wrote:
One reason they dont want to disable bluetooth might be the smart remote... please correct me if I am wrong. But it looks to me as if the "smart remote" only sends signal via some kind of bluetooth protocol because I where not able to spot any IR diodes and it needs to "pair" to the tv. So if you disable bluetooth your "smart remote" might be absolutely useless then. My guess is there where to lazy to implement some kind of split the bluetooth non-remote-control peripherals command stack from the bluetooth remote-control command stack , or it was simply not possible by the bt-hardware they used in the tv's.

No problem, I will use a Samsung standard IR remote, I've already tried it and everything works.

0 Likes