Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Multi-View for a normal, pleasant TV-experience when sharing from e.g. Airplay

(Topic created on: 02-04-2022 10:04 AM)
averagejoe69
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I know there are workarounds for this, i will address those below, but I Multi View constnatly creating a cumbersome a frustrating experience for me, when I am simply trying to use my Samsung Frame TV to see ONE thing at a time, and not several. The most common user scenario for me is that i am tryring to share something from my mac, and upon airplaying, it opens into multiview, when i only want to see what i am sharing. This happens even if my TV was initially off, of course depending on what function was used last. But my TV has been entirely off, which actually does happen quite often,. then it will happen upons sharing. I know as discussed in other forums, that one can click the return button and exit multiview or use the micrpohone to say the same thing (oh and then you just have to save a preset first, also annoying...), but the fact that I as a user have to click anything, leads to a poor viewing experience. Why cant i just shre someting to my TV, sit down and enjoy just that - without seeing some abnnoying fancy new feature I never requested? It seeems somebody got a little to in love with their own innovative new features...

22 REPLIES 22
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes very annoying I gave up using it.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Batmanhb
First Poster
Options

How can we report this?? I feel exactly the same way. Useless feature ever. I just wish we can turn it off if we don’t need it!!! Why is that so hard??? I spend $3000 on your stupid TV to annoying myself???  I am extremely mad at this feature. SAMSUNG, what can’t you do something about it? 

Fenixen
First Poster
Options

Bump.. Please fix this Samsung. Casting to the TV is unusable with this ***** orange icon in the corner.. 🤯

What kind of ux responsible person approved this.. 

pvanstolk
Student
Options

I couldn't agree more with what you wrote. For what its worth, here's yet another workaround that worked for me ...My setup is iPhone 8 (should work with newer models) to Samsung Q80 series.

1. TV: -Settings- Remote Access
  2. Select “Screen Sharing”.  Close.
  3. iPhone Control Center: Turn on Mirroring.  Select your TV.
  4. Photos/Videos, etc. should now display without that distractingMulti-view message.

averagejoe69
Apprentice
Options

In my settings menu (on the Frame 2021), there are 6 main categories, picture/sound/broadcasting/general/support/terms - under which do you find  "remote access"? Hoping this could work for me too! :smiling-face: thx

0 Likes
pvanstolk
Student
Options

My apologies. My first line above should have said TV: Source: Remote Access (NOT settings). Remote Access on my menu is the 3rd one to the right  after TV, then TV provider.  A caveat: My Smart TV is older than yours, so it is possible the menus look different (?).  Let me know if it works for you...

0 Likes
averagejoe69
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately seems this isnt the same on the frame as your Samsung Q80 - I dont have these options. But thanks for getting back to me anyways!

0 Likes
bleha
Student
Options

The smart view feature is atrocious and EMBARRASSING. I just want to cast to my tv without the orange writing. Who decided thid was a good idea??

Never in my life have I needed to view multiple things at the same time on a TV SCREEN! 

ckeyes888
First Poster
Options

Agree. This is a pitiful, annoying “feature” and should be disabled immediately, but knowing Samsung they’ll not only ignore it they’ll find a way to make it worse.