Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dirty screen dse TU71000

(Topic created on: 19-01-2021 10:56 AM)
edisonuk
Apprentice
Options

Hi all, this is my first ever post. I bought this TV for the spare room.

I notice a dark patch on the left of my screen when the TV pans during football. I did a screen uniformity test and it does appear darker on the left. 

Is this dirty screen? Should I be contacting Samsung to swap the TV. My LG in the living room does not have this and it is a 75 inch compared to the Samsung which is a 58 inch. The TV is two weeks old. 

IMG_20210117_174045.jpg

IMG_20210119_082301.jpg

IMG_20210119_082252.jpg

Thanks in advance. 

5 REPLIES 5
MartinG8EAD
Explorer
Options
Hello edison 👋 I am Also in uk, but sorry I do not have that tv so i cannot help you with the issue.

I just wanted to Welcome you to the Samsung community and suggest one
thing: if you can get a photo of the problem, and attach it here, it might help others to help you 👍
0 Likes
MartinG8EAD
Explorer
Options
duh me? i did not see the pics you posted, before I replied 🤭

or ... maybe a glitch in the community software handling of different devices, especiallly when used by lessabled members ?
0 Likes
edisonuk
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Martin. What do you think about the images? Would you say this is dirty screen or is this relatively standard/ normal. 

0 Likes
Haytch
Helping Hand
Options
This doesn't look right. Whites should be pure white and not have a vignette effect.. Try going to the picture settings and reset them to the default settings and if that doesn't work then tweek some of the settings like the brightness or contrast and play around with them and see if it makes a difference.

If not then contact Samsung because they have probably given you a faulty screen
0 Likes
edisonuk
Apprentice
Options

Haytch, this is what I thought. Thanks for the clarity on this one. The image was really starting to bug me. 

0 Likes